Get the Mazda alarm install instructions here!

talon4x4

I have the Mazda factory alarm install instructions if anyone is interested. I doubt anyone is going to be installing one, but it may help some people in the removal. Or if its possible maybe use it to make harnesses for an aftermarket alarm that will plug right into the stock wire harnesses like the stock alarm does.

The whole thing is 11 pages, so I zipped them into two files. Here they are!

Attachments

• Mazda alarm install instructions_1.zip
    994.6 KB · Views: 1,518
  • Mazda alarm install instructions_2.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,125
Final found the instructions!!

talon4x4 you are awesome! I have been searching for the Mazda Alarm System installation instructions for a long time now. Many many hours spent scouring forum boards and websites to try and find it and now the search is over. I have been trying to figure out for a long time how to remove the Alarm system from my 2002 protege without messing something up. With the installation instructions in hand now I feel confident I can remove it from the vehicle and finally be rid of that dang thing that has caused many problems...my wife can attest. I just wanted to post something, even if it is 10 years later, to show that we can all help each other out in fixing vehicles by the things we post. Thanks a million for your post. I did contact my local dealership and Mazda Customer Care and both were no help in helping me figure out how to extract the alarm from the vehicle. Neither of them could produce the Installation Instructions!

I have the Mazda factory alarm install instructions if anyone is interested. I doubt anyone is going to be installing one, but it may help some people in the removal. Or if its possible maybe use it to make harnesses for an aftermarket alarm that will plug right into the stock wire harnesses like the stock alarm does.

talon4x4 you are awesome! I have been searching for the Mazda Alarm System installation instructions for a long time now. Many many hours spent scouring forum boards and websites to try and find it and now the search is over. I have been trying to figure out for a long time how to remove the Alarm system from my 2002 protege without messing something up. With the installation instructions in hand now I feel confident I can remove it from the vehicle and finally be rid of that dang thing that has caused many problems...my wife can attest. I just wanted to post something, even if it is 10 years later, to show that we can all help each other out in fixing vehicles by the things we post. Thanks a million for your post. I did contact my local dealership and Mazda Customer Care and both were no help in helping me figure out how to extract the alarm from the vehicle. Neither of them could produce the Installation Instructions!

Wow! Who would have thought a post I made 10 years ago would be helping someone today. That's awesome! I was searching for info when I installed an alarm in my Protege5 when I came across the factory stuff and just had to share it. Hope it helped you out!!

The Alarm is finally out!

talon4x4,

I am actually kinda amazed you read my post and followed up on it 10 years later. I was hoping you would eventually see it to know your efforts didn't go unused.

Just a quick followup to end the story. I used the instructions, posted by you, and was able to systematically step by step extract the alarm system from my car. I actually found the mysterious little black push button to disable the alarm for a Valet which I could not find before. I left the little red LED light on top of the steering column in place since I didn't want a hole to be there. I just left the 2 pin connector tied up under the steering column down below not plugged into anything. Maybe someday I can add a small switch and a battery so I can make the little light blink and fool someone to think there is an alarm in the car. I also left some of the wiring that goes all the way back to the trunk latch mechanism. Since I was going to discard the entire alarm system I didn't feel like I needed to keep the whole system in one piece during removal. So now the whole system is out of my car and it is just like it was never installed in the first place. The car is fully operational again with extra piece of mind that the alarm won't be causing any future issues. I never actually used the car alarm system for its intended purpose so for me having it gone is no big deal. The alarm system has been discarded!! Good riddens.....

Thanks again for your post. It was totally helpful!

Wow! Who would have thought a post I made 10 years ago would be helping someone today. That's awesome! I was searching for info when I installed an alarm in my Protege5 when I came across the factory stuff and just had to share it. Hope it helped you out!!

OMG. This long, and there is still nothing out there about this. I bought a Protege from a recovery service. Of course it had no keys. Looked for this, literally for months. Thank you ! 17 years later. Lol

Last edited:
Back