Gen1 CX-9 cancel 2 step window down refresher

A refresher for canceling the two step window down operation, or "smokers preference". By default, on low battery or dead battery, the vehicle will revert back to the smokers preference. Below is how to cancel the 2 step down. Not readily available online. This will work on early cx-9 and cx-7, unsure of other models or generations. You're welcome.

Screenshot_20210907-103028.jpg

Can you explain what is the 2 step down function? All i know is the one touch up and down on my front windows. Thanks in advance.

When you soft press the auto down switch, the window stops at about an inch, soft press again and it continues down. Hard press and it pauses around an inch and then continues down, as you hold it down. The first step is the first inch, the second step is the remainder. When you perform the cancellation of the two step, there is no pause or first inch stop. When soft pressed, it will go start to go down continued as long as the switch is soft pressed. As to why the factory default is the smoker preference/2 step down, I have no idea.

Back