Front end link squeak

Ty07allstar

:
03 Protege ES
I got my front sway bar installed and used the Ford Escape end links from autozone. Before I switched out the bar and end links my front end squeaked real bad. I was hoping that the new end links would do the trick. The only thing that they did was make the squeak a higher pitch. What would you guys recommend I do to get rid of the squeak? I was thinking about loosening the nuts and putting lithium grease all over the bolt and nut then tightening them up. The end links also had grease fittings on them and I had the shop load them up with grease.

Yes sir. I told the guy installing it to load the bushings and the end links with grease. I'm not sure either but it is definitely the end links. Maybe they are too tight? I did the rear myself and tightened them by hand and they do not squeak anymore. Maybe the impact gun tightens them too much so they rub very harshly on the metal causing the noise?

That shouldnt be the case with it being too tight. Are you sure its anything related to the sway bar? It could be something else.

That shouldnt be the case with it being too tight. Are you sure its anything related to the sway bar? It could be something else.

After looking at it I think it might be the control arm bushings. When they installed the sway bar they had to take of the one piece of the control arm and when they put it back on they may have tightened it more then it was before and that's why the sound of the squeak changed. When I go to get my oil changed I will ask them to look at it and see if they can figure out what the noise is.

Back