Forum suggestions

sm1ke

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature
Contributor
:
Canada
Just a couple of minor things I recently noticed.

The Forums drop down menu at the top of the screen includes Mazda model-specific subforums, but it does not list the Clubhouse and it's subforums (Vendors, Lounge and Support). Would love to see those links added to the drop down menu.

I also recently tried to upload a photo, but despite the 32mb file size limit, I was unable to attach it until I had resized it down to around 8mb (original size was 27mb). Do we have different size limits for specific file types?

Thanks!

Thanks for the suggestions!

Your post reminded me to review the current menu structure which is something I do from time to time...To ensure it's as up to date as possible. Keep in mind that the menu length is kept intentionally short so that on mobile it's immediately visible and accessible. This means that we can't have every single Forum/Sub-Forum listed...That said, I was testing just listing the main CX-based models (in addition to "All Mazdas") but now that the Clubhouse contains all non-model specific Forums, it makes a lot of sense at this time to include it (now relisted).

Regarding the file upload issue, yeah it should accept up to 32mb. Can you provide the file type and Forum where you made this attempt, thanks again!

Regarding the file upload issue, yeah it should accept up to 32mb. Can you provide the file type and Forum where you made this attempt, thanks again!

Sure, file type is .jpg and I was posting it to a thread in the CX-9 General subforum.

Sure, file type is .jpg and I was posting it to a thread in the CX-9 General subforum.
Thanks...I tested attaching various pics up to around 21mb and it seemed to work fine...Is this happening on both desktop and mobile or..? Are you encountering the same issue with other pics?

This is on both desktop and mobile (on LTE connection). The same thing happens when I try to attach different pics that are 17mb and 12mb in size.

If it helps at all, the phone I used to take these pics is a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra.

Thanks for the additional details...I did notice that images were not loading as quickly as usual the past few days. That seems to have been fixed now with a reboot, I wonder if that is related to this issue..?

When did you first notice this pic issue?

Maybe you can send me a pic to use for testing purposes...I'll send you a PM.

I first noticed it on the day that I started this thread, on the 22nd.

I just tried to upload the original 28.7 mb image and it still isn't working. I was hoping the reboot fixed it lol :p

Received the pic, thanks! Unfortunately it appears to be a max dimensions issue which can not be easily adjusted. Reducing the max dimensions to 5000 (from 12000 × 9000) seemed to work which indicates that there is currently a hard set limit (which appears to be 5000).

It may be possible to change that hard set max but it could take time, your patience would be greatly appreciated while this is sorted out...Hopefully it can be!

No worries, thanks for looking into this @Antoine! Glad we got it figured out. I'll update the resource we have for uploading files.

No worries, thanks for looking into this @Antoine! Glad we got it figured out. I'll update the resource we have for uploading files.
No problem and thanks for keeping the resource updated. We've been looking into this issue and some progress has been made...The image can now be uploaded but the problem is there's no thumbnail preview.

Hopefully we'll find a solution...There is a possibility that we'll need to return to previous limits and that uploading such large images won't be possible due to performance issues etc.

Stay tuned...:)

Back