2017~2024 Fortin Remote Start Help

Hello all,

I am trying to install a Fortin Evo One (with THAR-MAZ3 T Harness) into my 2018 Mazda CX-5.

Programming the module from my laptop using Flash Link Updater works well, but the problem occurs when I try to obtain the key programming from the vehicle so I can proceed with Dcryptor...

I disconnect car battery, plug the 4 white ignition cables, reconnect battery. I then hold programming button, plug in power, wait for Blue light on the module, connect all remaining cables.

When I press the push button start twice (for ignition), the lights on the module alternate, but the blue light never shows up.

I called Fortin support for help, they had me do a bunch of things but said there's something wrong with the connection or T-Harness. I checked the harness, all the pins look good and all of my connections were fully clicked in and seated.

One thing I didn't notice was that when putting the car in ignition mode, the push button start flashes orange (instead of being solid) and the dash says cruise control error and radar system error.

Did anyone have any issue similar to this, and any advice on how to fix? I already ordered a new T Harness from Amazon to hopefully swap as I hope that's actually the issue, but not sure if there's something else I missed.

Update: Got a replacement wire harness and installation went flawlessly from there. For anyone experiencing this issue in the future, if you happen to have this problem and are sure the wire connections are good at all ends, then there's probably a break within the harness causing this problem. Replace it and you should be good.

Latest posts

Back