Flyzeye Simple Glovebox/Console Lighting

i12drivemyMP5

<<<<<<< >>>>>>>
Contributor
:
-- 03 P5 / 23 CX-5 --
Just got one of these for my glovebox in amber to match dash lighting. I have them in my truck. Work great. Magnet activated LED lighting in different colors. 16.00 shipped. Click on Flyzeye link below to get to site, then store, then bottom of page is the 3vp unit...$12.75 each. Magnet sticks to door or lid and unit sticks to console or dash opening for glovebox door. Shuts off when closed.

pics of unit, scroll down.........

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/fl...-designs-engineered-lighting-4-tacoma-10.html

website....

http://www.flyzeye-designs.com/

Here's a pic for quick reference,...

1240192_10201352936976799_171124801_n_zpse241e5bc.jpg

I'll see if I can get a decent pic of the amber one installed on the car so the mounting points will be a bit clearer for the car vs. the pic of the Tacoma above. Either way it's just stick them on with some kind of tape to find out where they need to be permanently mounted before attaching with the supplied 3m double sided tape. The one on the glovebox in the truck activates and deactivates about 2 inches before the door is shut all the way so the proximity tolerances for mounting points is pretty lenient. The one on the console where magnet is mounted to inside of of the lining of the lid has a bit tighter tolerance where the magnet doesn't shut it off quite as easily, almost until the lid is shut all the way. Haven't checked out the console mounting in the P5 but not really gonna put one there in my car, just the glovebox.

OK, done. Simple mod. Unit has magnetic mounting plate that sticks to top of glovebox area flat spot behind latch and the lighting unit sticks to that magnetically. It has pressure switch activated by the magnet to turn lights off when glovebox is shut. Magnet mounts to glovebox door between latch screws. This is where I put mine so it would be centered. You can put it off to one side if prefered or maybe some other way. Just use some masking taper to test out locations before permanently mounting with the 3m tape on the back of magnet and mounting base. Also make sure mounting base is facing the right way so the light unit pressure switch faces the magnet and turns it off. The light comes on when magnet is away from unit so it can be removed and used as flashlight of sorts if need be. It runs off 2 CR2032 batteries and comes with them. Cool handy easy mod. 16.00 shipped. I have no stake in this business, only a satisfied repeat customer of a cool product. I have the console lighting, glovebox light and center console light in my truck and they all work great. Just throwin out info to use if desired since this unit is pretty universal for many vehicles.......

flyzeye_amber01.jpg

flyzeye_amber02.jpg

flyzeye_amber03.jpg

flyzeye_amber04.jpg

flyzeye_amber05.jpg

I want something like that for my engine bay. Would help a lot with night time road side inspections.

Maybe I'll look into retrofitting something from the wreckers.

I want something like that for my engine bay. Would help a lot with night time road side inspections.

Maybe I'll look into retrofitting something from the wreckers.
You could buy on of these in cool white (brighter than the amber) for the glovebox or center console and I'm sure the guy would sell you an extra magnetic base for it that could be stuck under the hood where you could pull the light unit out of the glovebox and stick it to the base under the hood for hands free lighting and then when done put it back in the glovebox or console where the light will go out when door or lid is shut. Hell, you just gave me an idea. I'm going to contact the seller and see about getting 2 extra magnetic mounting bases for under the hood of the car and truck so it will double as under hood lighting. Thanks

Extra base magnets are now available on the website.

Last edited:
Back