2016~2023 Exterior Door Moulding Removal/Installation Question

Hello, we have a 2021 CX-9 and unfortunately the wife dented the right-rear door and I would like to fix it.

Does anyone have any details on how to best remove this exterior plastic door moulding on the bottom of the doors? Can the clips be re-used or are new ones required?

Thank you.

Hello, we have a 2021 CX-9 and unfortunately the wife dented the right-rear door and I would like to fix it.

Does anyone have any details on how to best remove this exterior plastic door moulding on the bottom of the doors? Can the clips be re-used or are new ones required?

Thank you.
I have the same problem. I just posted it. If you have gotten any answers would you let me know? I'll do the same

Upvote 0
The black plastic just pulls off. Use more force if it’s not coming. From there, the chrome is held on by a handful of Philips head screws and, depending on which door, some plastic square washers

Upvote 0
The black plastic just pulls off. Use more force if it’s not coming. From there, the chrome is held on by a handful of Philips head screws and, depending on which door, some plastic square washers
Thanks, that's what i figured but thought I would ask first before I started prying things off.

Upvote 0
Back