engine swap qestion.

Dragon_Reborn

:
'02 Protege ES Sedan
is it possilbe to swap our protege engines out and put in a rx-7 engien, I'm guessing it is definately possible if u have the money, would it cost more than $3000 to buy an Rx-7 engine that is rebuilt and install it? Or better yet, is it even possible to get the new mazda RX-8 engine? isn't it a 1.7L rotary engine making 250hp, that *ucking amzing to me! :eek:

You'd need a lotta moolah to make that happen...:D
The sevens are rear wheel drive, so you'd prolly have to fit the PR5 body on a 7 chassis...I was considering it myself. :D

I have seen a custom miata which the stock chassis was fitted with a Protege front drive assembly to make it all-wheel drive. The miata has a very similar suspension set up to the 3rd gen 7, so this may make it possible to combine both.

However, I think even the 3rd gen chassis may be too short....I could do some checking.

It's a fun idea to entertain though, right?:)

Oh, and as far as I know, the Renesis Rotary engine should be the same displacement as the 13B. (1.3L)

Mazdaspeedgirl said:
Oh, and as far as I know, the Renesis Rotary engine should be the same displacement as the 13B. (1.3L)

yup, and you can NOT buy crate renesis's due to the fact that Mazda doesnt OWN the patent or rights tot eh engine, john Deere does and they wont let mazda sell engines alone.

the only way you will ever find a renesis by itself is in a junkyard, and good luck getting one, im sure the rx7 owners will beat you to a pulp before they let you get one into a protege :D ;

Protg Mnac said:

yup, and you can NOT buy crate renesis's due to the fact that Mazda doesnt OWN the patent or rights tot eh engine, john Deere does and they wont let mazda sell engines alone.

the only way you will ever find a renesis by itself is in a junkyard, and good luck getting one, im sure the rx7 owners will beat you to a pulp before they let you get one into a protege :D ;
Mannnn, I am THE rotary nut
they wouldn't say sh*t to me! :D

Back