DSC, Parking brake, ABS and "traction" lights on....

wannabe

meh
:
16 CX-5, Old: 06 Mazdaspeed6, 08 CX-7, 01 Protege ES/Mp3wannabe
Pretty sure my car is running in FWD only right now. i looked under the back and didn't see any clear damage to the mounts or the axles...ABS sensor?

Any other ideas/things to check? I'll probably end up taking it to the dealer..but i'm hoping you guys have other ideas first.

and of course, I'm out of warranty.

fixed (for now) i had replaced my brake pads on Wed and it looks like the ABS sensor wire was somehow nicked in the process and was shorting itself. i cleaned up the wire and taped it (it will eventually need replaced i'm sure) and took it for a spirited spin with no issues.

I'm seeing this issue more and more and more as our cars get older. I still have stock pads and rotors @ 60k miles (amazing!) but I've started to notice that me DSC, ABS, and Traction light come on every now and then. It goes away after a few miles and only seems to happen when I let me wheels get real dirty lol.

I was going to say check your brake fluid level. Different vehicle, but my wife's CX9 was low on brake fluid and all those lights were on. Might be something to check anyway.

typically just the ebrake light when the fluid is low.

Well, I don't know if this will help at all or if you ever found out what was wrong with yours, but mine just happened to do the same exact thing this past weekend... However, at the same time the lights came on, my Axel broke and the wheel bearing is shot. Probably was the sensor that went out too for ABS. Luckily this was due to insurance error when I hit a piece of concrete against my rear diff due to a snow plow tearing up the road. Back into the shop for the 4th time to get this stupid crap fixed.

i found my issue to be the wire to the ABS sensor. the issue was that it was ever so slightly rubbing on the wheel and had worn a bit of the sleeve off.

my wife's speed6 does this as well but only if the ebrake is used or parked w/ the car running for awhile w/ brakes on. Doesnt happen all the time and usually goes away if you shut the car off and start it back up.

Back