DRL fix failure

:
CX 5 GT AWD
Just over a year ago I had one DRL replaced and the other just got the “repair” per the 2020 recall. Now the light that was repaired has failed. It costs $1300 to replace. Any suggestions on getting Mazda to replace under recall, since the “repair “ didn’t fix the issue?

Have you been back to dealer? I guess they may say it only had a 12mth warranty but I would contact corporate and see if you can get another repair.

Yes, been to the dealer. Dealer said the recall department won’t have anything to do it it anymore since it was technically “fixed “. He contacted corporate and we are waiting to see what they say. Just wondering how often this happened to others.

What car do you have?
I had '16 CX5 GT with tech, had one DRL warranty-replaced, then they issued recall and "serviced" both DRLs, less than a year later the second one failed (warranty expired), but they still replaced it for free, probably because recall was less than a year before?

Could you please provide more details? What exactly was/is the problem with the DRL light? Is it the bulb, the headlight assy, the wiring...?

Back