Does the Mazda Protege have any fusible links related to ignition?

Did wire and alt upgrade. Cleaned and ohm tested all grounds. Crank no start, no spark, no code read port connectivity fails,,temp pegged to hot, key on. All fuses inside and out good. 12v at main relay, coil plug, reader port, ign switch. No 12v at fuel pump relay (no prime), no 12 at Cam or crank sensors. Temp swapped these parts from shelf no change: ecu, ign switch, relays, battery is new.

On the p5 I believe the pegged temp gauge was caused by the Room fuse down in the kick panel.

I had an issue where the car would shut off when driving and/or not starting. That was the crank position sensor wiring rubbed thru the sheathing and 1 of the wires. It was behind the ps unit so it was very hard to see. Also, check the air gap on that sensor and make sure its not dirty.

Upvote 0
On the p5 I believe the pegged temp gauge was caused by the Room fuse down in the kick panel.

I had an issue where the car would shut off when driving and/or not starting. That was the crank position sensor wiring rubbed thru the sheathing and 1 of the wires. It was behind the ps unit so it was very hard to see. Also, check the air gap on that sensor and make sure its not dirty.
Thank you very much.

Upvote 0
Back