Does mazda still...

CF_KoiFry

:
2003 Protege5
So...I just got to thinking the other day at the RARITY of the MSP exterior parts...as in...they're impossible to find and Mazda has been on back order of the things forever cause they're just never being made again...let's face it. WELL, I found a local shop that has an ABS Plastic machine that I've seen some good work from as far as creating "stock" dashes and the sort. I wonder what the legalities would be if I could FIND a MSP lip, to go ahead and have new "stock" lips be formed.

What was the original part made of? Was it fiberglass or plastic? And what do you think an ABS plastic MSP lip would be worth? Yeah, you'd have to probably have a heat gun for proper fitment...but if you're installing plastic body pieces, shouldn't a heat gun be in your tools anyway?

...lol, just for luaghs, the owner of the shop did a "stock" dash for his son's lincoln in Lexan...then we made it glow...

But no seriously, does mazda still own the sole right to produce and sell these things, and would they SUE me if I wanted to make them out of ABS Plastic?

The speeds werent technically built BY Mazda. So i dont think they are the ones that have the rights to the MSP specific body parts.

I want to see this glowing, lexan dash....

if im not mistaken it was rousch that made the 03.5 rear spoiler, they might have made the lip too.

I remember looking at the under side of one i had from a car i took apart and it was stamped, ill take a picture on monday when i get to m shop.

but if you just did a few GB's on here i highly doubt they would even find out.

Mazda does have the rights to the design, but as stated I believe if it's clearly labeled a replica you are alright. The original lips are all made of Urethane.

if im not mistaken it was rousch that made the 03.5 rear spoiler, they might have made the lip too.

I remember looking at the under side of one i had from a car i took apart and it was stamped, ill take a picture on monday when i get to m shop.

Yeah I took my wife's 03.5 spoiler apart the other day and noticed that

That's cool, I would like to see this stamp.

Still have an original unmolested rear lip from an 03.5 that I bought from mazda. You can still get some pieces. Your dealer just actually has to find them. Most wont go the extra mile.

Back