Dodge says CX-5 is the only Hornet's competitor

Not impressed with it at all, I think it's going to be as popular as their Dart (new version). Now, their Challenger Hellcat Redeye on the other hand......Phenomenal.

This is kinda like the meme about Ferrari spending millions to develop a CX-30.

Attachments

• ferrari_mazda_meme1.jpg
    ferrari_mazda_meme1.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 90
Stellantis, Dodge is known for cramming a V8 Hemi in everything. Gotta respect that. Done now because because of- well, I digress. Truth be told, of all the auto companies that contribute to my paycheck- they are right there with GM. The people in the powertrain plants are good people. I work with them.
1613264700412.jpg

That Hornet is a nice looking car. Much better looking than most of the Japanese makers I favor.

That Hornet is a nice looking car. Much better looking than most of the Japanese makers I favor.
I agree it looks really great but I don't need or want something that drives that sporty. I like my CX-5 with its 17" tires and wouldn't want anything that rides stiffer but to each their own.

Still cannot believe they are stopping V-8 Hemi production for North America. (Still in Mexico)

They seem 2 B doubling down on the GMET-4, GMET-6, and EVO blocks.

Still cannot believe they are stopping V-8 Hemi production for North America. (Still in Mexico)

glad I have my 6.4 Hemi. kind of wanted to get one of the 300's that came out with the last hemi this year instead of the cx5 but my wife said no lol. I have had 5 different Fiat and or Stellantis vehicles and knock on wood have been pretty lucky as far as having issues so far.
IMG_3384.jpg

Some speculate that the "last call" bit is just a marketing ploy, seems to be working as sales are taking off. I will miss those big hp hemis, but the new twin turbocharged v6 looks promising, though I'd stay from the first few years of production models until they work out all the kinks.

Some speculate that the "last call" bit is just a marketing ploy, seems to be working as sales are taking off. I will miss those big hp hemis, but the new twin turbocharged v6 looks promising, though I'd stay from the first few years of production models until they work out all the kinks.
You mean inline 6 twin turbo? The hurricane should be a beast

So there was the Hudson Hornet then the AMC Hornet and now the Dodge Hornet. Ok to recycle names I guess. After all here we have the Renault/Dacia Duster recycling the 70s Plymouth name. Of course in the 70s the name meant it would "dust off" the competition. Renault/Dacia's chouce choice name makes no sense but both versions were developed in non English speaking countries (France and Romania) and mostly sold in such countries so who cares I guess. Auto name choices can be pretty funny and problematic. There's the story about when Chevrolet tried to sell the Chevy Nova in Mexico. "No va" in Spanish means "doesn't go". There is a Chinese pickup on sale here in Colombia that is a carbon copy of an early 90s Toyota Hilux. It's name is Wingle. Can you imagine a US driver proadly saying "I drive a Wingle". Back to the Dodge it sure looks like a copy of the CX 5 hence naming it as the competition. Other than the horsepower...and maybe the Brembo brakes (so how long do those pads last?) I wouldn't be tempted away from the Mazda.

So there was the Hudson Hornet then the AMC Hornet and now the Dodge Hornet. Ok to recycle names I guess. After all here we have the Renault/Dacia Duster recycling the 70s Plymouth name. Of course in the 70s the name meant it would "dust off" the competition. Renault/Dacia's chouce choice name makes no sense but both versions were developed in non English speaking countries (France and Romania) and mostly sold in such countries so who cares I guess. Auto name choices can be pretty funny and problematic. There's the story about when Chevrolet tried to sell the Chevy Nova in Mexico. "No va" in Spanish means "doesn't go". There is a Chinese pickup on sale here in Colombia that is a carbon copy of an early 90s Toyota Hilux. It's name is Wingle. Can you imagine a US driver proadly saying "I drive a Wingle". Back to the Dodge it sure looks like a copy of the CX 5 hence naming it as the competition. Other than the horsepower...and maybe the Brembo brakes (so how long do those pads last?) I wouldn't be tempted away from the Mazda.
Names to avoid recycling: from Stellantis Horizon/Omni, from Ford Edsel/Pinto, from GM Corvair/Chevette/Citation! Audi has a line of e-tron vehicles which means stool, pooh or s**t in slang French (étron) o_O There are many good names that can be recycled, Valiant, Belvedere, Falcon, Fairlane, Galaxie, Torino, Malibu, Chevelle, etc. which all had a good success back in the day. Or they can use letters and numbers like Mazda and others...!

Names to avoid recycling: from Stellantis Horizon/Omni, from Ford Edsel/Pinto, from GM Corvair/Chevette/Citation! Audi has a line of e-tron vehicles which means stool, pooh or s**t in slang French (étron) o_O There are many good names that can be recycled, Valiant, Belvedere, Falcon, Fairlane, Galaxie, Torino, Malibu, Chevelle, etc. which all had a good success back in the day. Or they can use letters and numbers like Mazda and others...!
Don't forget Aries/Reliant. 😁

Back