Do all P5s come with Keyless?

There really isn't any need to take the dash apart at all. Just look up to the left from under the dash. You will see a small semi-clear square looking box. You can bend the bracket upwards and look at the label on the module as I did. I even took a picture of the label with my Phone. Called the parts department at my nearest dealer, gave them my vin and they told me straight out what remotes I could use. I had the ebay listing information in front of me when I called and verified before I purchased them.

They have no need not to give you the infromation. Also my dealer quoted me $50 for the remote/fob.

There really isn't any need to take the dash apart at all. Just look up to the left from under the dash. You will see a small semi-clear square looking box. You can bend the bracket upwards and look at the label on the module as I did. I even took a picture of the label with my Phone. Called the parts department at my nearest dealer, gave them my vin and they told me straight out what remotes I could use. I had the ebay listing information in front of me when I called and verified before I purchased them.

They have no need not to give you the infromation. Also my dealer quoted me $50 for the remote/fob.

Wow, your dealer is much nicer than mine then. Mine said $75 for the remote, then another $75 for programming.

Do NOT pay the dealer to program your remote or key. The key for these cars has no chip. When I went to get the key cut at dealer for the switchblade fob I made, they were trying to say I needed chip programmed. Told them no thanks and he said OK, you might get stranded. I said I was willing to take the chance. Of course, there has been no stranding.

The simple FREE instructions to reprogram the fob = post #4 in this thread..............

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...ng-instructions&highlight=programming+key+fob

Update got my remote in yesterday from Ebay. Did the program dance and now I have keyless! It took 2 mins to get dance moves right but now i'm in business. Thank God!

i hope they where in sync with the flashing lights and beep the car now makes when pressing the lock/unlock buttons. glad it worked for ya.

Key fob option from a few years back........
swblade_01.JPG

swblade_03.JPG

Guts from oem go into this shell. You either had to drill the panic button hole in the shell or cut the panic button off the skin from the oem fob. The skin and circuit board go into the shell. The shell came with uncut blank that dealer cut for free. These came from some place called alibaba dot com. Not sure if they are still available nowadays tho. There was another option with slightly different shell too. Not sure where that one came from. Here is thread about it.......

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...e-remote-keyfob&highlight=switchblade+key+fob

i12drivemyMP5:5928845 said:
Key fob option from a few years back........
swblade_01.JPG

swblade_03.JPG

Guts from oem go into this shell. You either had to drill the panic button hole in the shell or cut the panic button off the skin from the oem fob. The skin and circuit board go into the shell. The shell came with uncut blank that dealer cut for free. These came from some place called alibaba dot com. Not sure if they are still available nowadays tho. There was another option with slightly different shell too. Not sure where that one came from. Here is thread about it.......

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...e-remote-keyfob&highlight=switchblade+key+fob

I was just reading that thread a few days ago. I couldn't find that exact key case on alibaba but I found a similar one on Ebay for $12 so I picked one up and if I like it then I will swap the guts from my remote I'll post an update when I get it.

Yeah, I bought an extra oem fob from ebay to do this on. That way I still have both of the ones that came with the car.

Back