2017~2024 Disable CX-5 DRLs?

:
2020 CX5 AWD
Can the DRL be disabled on my 2020 touring. Someone on another forum claimed theres cheat codes or something..

Can the DRL be disabled on my 2020 touring. Someone on another forum claimed theres cheat codes or something..
Here’s the procedure (except in Canada):

How-To: Disable Daytime Running Lights (instructions)

Or:

For the record, here is an official copy of instruction to disable the DRL function for 2017 and older CX-5s obtained by bigtex from his Mazda dealer:

Is this the file:
527847dde9533ee284148c4c246937a3.jpg

You can always pull the DRL fuse too.

The way I did it: i removed the DRL relay and then rotate the light switch to the Parking lights position and leave it there, forget about it. That way you have tail lights on all the time but you get the DRL disabled and the led rings in the front illuminates.

I just pulled the drl relay, flipped it over and taped it to the relays next to it inside the fuse box. The lights are now stalk controlled just like i like them. auto works as before and wife can just use parking lights for drl if she feels the need and the relay is right where it was if ever needed without searching for it.

I just pulled the drl relay, flipped it over and taped it to the relays next to it inside the fuse box. The lights are now stalk controlled just like i like them. auto works as before and wife can just use parking lights for drl if she feels the need and the relay is right where it was if ever needed without searching for it.
Have you tried Mazda’s official instruction to disable the DRLs?

Guide How To Disable Daytime Running Lights (instructions)

9B039934-4403-45F1-8C44-FA433ECE7B77.jpeg

I did read the procedure. I decided to pull the relay instead. Lights do just what I want with the stalk and either thing you do renders the relay unecessary

I did read the procedure. I decided to pull the relay instead. Lights do just what I want with the stalk and either thing you do renders the relay unecessary
The official instruction uses strange steps to change the factory software setup. Your way is to “hack” the hardware / DRL relay. Whichever the way you feel more comfortable to disable the DRLs. :)

more like removed hardware that wasn't doing something i cared to have done. i'm retired from 35 yrs of dicking with software so yeah, pulled the plug on drl instead of asking a computer if it would stop being annoying and prematurely wearing out other parts......just like not having a car that drives itself. I'll take a cab, bus, bike, sk8board, train or plane if i don't feel like driving.

Last edited:
Back