Did anyone install 8" speaker on a 2021 Mazda CX-5 ?

Hello,

I heard from some people that a 8" speaker can fit in the front doors of the CX5, some say that is true for the 2017-2019 and some say that it is still true for 2021 models.

I know that the current speakers are 6.5, the question is if it is possible to put 8" instead ?

thanks

The Bose speakers are way bigger than the standard speakers. They may even be 9's! So, obviously, so long as you get the proper adapter, and so long as the magnet doesn't interfere with the window, 8's are doable.

Now, that said, you don't want to put just any old 8 in there willy nilly. You are going to have to do a BUNCH of sound deadening so your panels won't rattle big time, plus, I'd advise against 8" subs. You'll really want to look for a midbass instead. Something that will play from 60 to say 300Hz.

The Bose speakers are way bigger than the standard speakers. They may even be 9's! So, obviously, so long as you get the proper adapter, and so long as the magnet doesn't interfere with the window, 8's are doable.

Now, that said, you don't want to put just any old 8 in there willy nilly. You are going to have to do a BUNCH of sound deadening so your panels won't rattle big time, plus, I'd advise against 8" subs. You'll really want to look for a midbass instead. Something that will play from 60 to say 300Hz.
Of course.
Sound deadening will be applied in 3 layers.
I was thinking of the Dynoaudio mw172 8"inch midbass.

The Bose speakers are way bigger than the standard speakers. They may even be 9's!
That’s only applicable to 9-speaker Bose system on gen-1 CX-5 without 130 mm (5") spare-tire sub-woofer. Front door speakers on gen-1 CX-5 Bose are 23cm (9”) Nd woofers; whereas on gen-2 CX-5 10-speaker Bose including 2021 MY are 165 mm (6") mid-range speakers.

Questions regarding the bose system on the 17 cx-5

Back