Deleted posts

Donewood

:
2007 Mazda5 GT 5MT
Made anumber of posts describing instalation of HU Nav system and backup camera. Put some effort into this forum... Answewred a few questions for people... All for not.

No expination from moderators no feed back just deleted.

Good luck to ya and good bye!!!

Wow; Boy do I feel Stupid.... Thanx Esp Aaron and DKaz

Thanks I have some new adventues to share with everone... Discovered that water below the Sills, about curb hight is deep enough to total the Engine.

Good thing is Insurance calls it collision with water and I was covered completly!!! My old Honda Accord is vertually a power boat compared to the 5 !!! Never had any issue driving through water as high as the doors! Oh well live and learn I guess.

P.S. Thanxman Not realy easily offended ... Just not kean on waisting my time... Thought why bother posting If I'm just deleted in a month...

All cool now thanx

Wow; Boy do I feel Stupid....
don’t be. I think we've all had some variation of this. I don't like this new forum layout and took a while for me to figure stuff out too -still am. I remember when it changed over, some members also posted that they did not like it and was out.

Water damaged engine.

Do you have a CAI? Is see no way for my engine to ingest water that shallow?

Nope; stock AirBox, just cawling through a flooded street trying to get to higher ground as the water level was rising at the time. All I can think of is that I just might of gotten a wave from an oncomming vehicle.

So I'll tell you someone so much as spits in the road in front of me now and I'm stopping!!

A buddy had his Mazda 3 kick the bucket in Edmonton a few weeks back driving through what he said was a foot of water on the road due to an overflowed storm line though it could've been 18"... but he had a CAI. Insurance covered it anyway, he has a Kia Soul now. Alberta and its crazy freak flash rains... I'm from Edmonton and moved to Vancouver in 93.

I didn't delete anything.

If you want your thread back on top... just post in it and give it a bump. Lots of these threads eventually "disappear". This is why a new "my rear ac doesn't have heat" thread pops up all the time.

I didn't delete anything.

If you want your thread back on top... just post in it and give it a bump. Lots of these threads eventually "disappear". This is why a new "my rear ac doesn't have heat" thread pops up all the time.

I gotta remember to go back and bump that thread agin.

Wonder about the flooded road tho. My house is the 2nd lot in from a wash. That's desert speak for dry streambed that floods after rainstorms. I go thru it all the time. Of course, after a decade, I know what's too high, and I avoid it when it gets to about 8-9" unless I'm driving the truck, which means I can get about another 6" before I have to go around. As I cross, I begin on the downstream part of the road, even if it means I'm in the wrong lane, and cross heading upstream. Deflects the force of the running water and keeps the tires firmly planted. I DID ruin the CRX tranny by crossing thru a good 12-16" of water where the city allowed development to build over such a wash and make the street into the wash in its place. The gear oil looked like a milky cappacino.

One day, I noticed that the insert where the fog lights go was unsnapped and one side was sticking out the front of the bumper. I was sure that the wife had hit something, but she said no. Then I remembered that a few days earlier, I had run through some standing water on the road, wasn't more than three inches deep, now I'm sure that's what dislodged the panel so I have to remember to watch standing water even if it's not a problem for other cars.

Back