Dealership is wants to buy my mazda 5

hchia29

:
Mazda 5
I just got a email from a kia dealership about 20 miles away asking me if I am willing to sell my Mazda 5 to them. They basically told them they are willing to pay 110% over the KBB price. Has anyone ever heard of this happen before?

i get a letter almost monthly with the same type of offer. I assume it's crap because in the same breathe that they offer to buy my van for some amazing price they also offer to put me in the new car with the same or lower monthly payments. Riiight. Meanwhile my van is paid off. I keep meaning to waste a day, just for s**** and giggles.

Does it not trouble you that a Kia dealership knows you drive a Mazda5?? Unless this is the same family of dealer network where you bought the Mazda. Either way, it seems they have the upper hand unless you want to play the game and get back into another car payment :p

Hasn't happened with my 5 yet but I've had this plenty of times before. They tell you they will give you an amazing trade in deal but when you get there they say the deal is only good if you buy a new car with them or some crap. Both our cars are paid off, so every time we get these offers we just ignore them no matter how great of a deal they say they will give us. Life is so much better without car payments.

It's standard dealer practice. :/ Take that as you will...

It gets foot traffic into their showroom, which is a big KPI for dealers.

Keep in mind that you'll only get that 110% if you buy a new car from them. They aren't going to write you a check for more than the value of your car so you can take their cash and go buy a car from some other guy.

Also keep in mind that it is all a balancing act - if they are giving you 10% extra on your trade, they are making it back somewhere. This isn't any special offer, you could negotiate a deal that wound up the same without this promotion any time. Like I said, the reason they sent out mailers with different promotions (we'll buy your car! $0, 0%! Free gas for a year!) is just to find the one that appeals to you and get you in the door.

The dealer knows and mentions your make/mode in the mailer? I don't get this stuff :/

Maybe it's not public info in PA? I get it all the time for all my cars under 5 years old... specific make/model is always mentioned.

The dealer gets your car for close to KBB trade-in value, sells for more than KBB retail, and gets you on the hook for a new loan with interest. Win/win for them. Win for you on the car, loss for you in the wallet.

I got the same thing from Kia in the mail this week, and I wouldn't consider trading my Mazda 5 for any Kia as a win, in my opinion it would be a step backwards from the things that I want in a vehicle.

The Honda dealer that sold me my Fit want's to buy it back. Keep in mind that's the car I traded my Mazda5 MORE THEN TWO YEARS AGO! Don't buy into there tactics.

The Honda dealer that sold me my Fit want's to buy it back. Keep in mind that's the car I traded my Mazda5 MORE THEN TWO YEARS AGO! Don't buy into there tactics.

Just bought a used Fit from a dealer and found out why they are asking previous owners to buy their Fits... they want to put you in a new one (2014) or a 2013. Seems there are a lot of leftover new 2013 and now 2014 Fits, so they are actually giving very unheard of deals/rebates and are very willing to negotiate to get you into a new 2013/2014. Used Fits sell like hotcakes, they don't have a problem with that, it's the new ones they need to move... especially with the redesign for 2015, they need these out the door asap.

I had already bought mine and was just waiting for some paperwork so it wasn't like he was trying to get me to buy, just sharing some inside info. At my local dealership they were offering $3500 rebates on brand new 2013's! Supposedly this is crazy for the Fit.

It may be worth stopping by and just seeing what they have to say. Read an article a number of few years back talking about the best time to buy a car and that the last model year before a redesign was the way to go. Dealers are trying to unload them before they become "instantly old" and will usually offer them for very good deals plus all the extras for no charge. And the last model year pretty much always has had any of the issues that come with new designs sorted out.

Does it not trouble you that a Kia dealership knows you drive a Mazda5?? Unless this is the same family of dealer network where you bought the Mazda. Either way, it seems they have the upper hand unless you want to play the game and get back into another car payment :p

They get ahold of your state's registration info. They only look for vehicles in the normal trade-in window: 3-5 years. We got a few of those when our Mazda5 was newer. Now they don't want it.

I told them to "No thanks" unless they plan to find me a 2012 or newer Mazda 5 for less then 2000 with my Mazda trade in. I will walking away. I put to much time and money making that Mazda 5 the way I like it, besides who wants a Kia?

They get ahold of your state's registration info. They only look for vehicles in the normal trade-in window: 3-5 years. We got a few of those when our Mazda5 was newer. Now they don't want it.
My local Nissan dealer (where I got 1 oil change), sends me the same stuff for wanting to buy my 2001 Nissan Pathfinder.

It is just targeted marketing..thats all...

The owner of the dealership is my neighbor, and I showed him the postcard from his own dealership, and we both got a chuckle out of it(lol2)

I'm pretty sure it's 110% over KBB "Trade-In" Value or whatever the lowest. Yup, they are pretty sneaky to get your registration info. somehow.

I just got a email from a kia dealership about 20 miles away asking me if I am willing to sell my Mazda 5 to them. They basically told them they are willing to pay 110% over the KBB price. Has anyone ever heard of this happen before?

Back