Dashboard rattle near center display?

:
2024 CX90 PHEV Premium Plus
Hi All. Curious if any else is experiencing a rattle/buzzing from around the center display on the dash?

Happens over roads with rough textures, not pot hole like bumps, but where the suspension is not rebounding and the road itself has many minor imperfections.

I’ve searched and found posts about the vents rattling but this is definitely coming from around the screen. Or maybe it’s the center speaker grill? I’ve tried putting pressure on different areas with no luck. Whatever it is must be just under the dash like maybe a wiring loom or connector that’s contacting a metal bracket.

Does anyone know if the trim around the base of the screen pops up? I’d like to look under there to see if I can find something.

Hi All. Curious if any else is experiencing a rattle/buzzing from around the center display on the dash?

Happens over roads with rough textures, not pot hole like bumps, but where the suspension is not rebounding and the road itself has many minor imperfections.

I’ve searched and found posts about the vents rattling but this is definitely coming from around the screen. Or maybe it’s the center speaker grill? I’ve tried putting pressure on different areas with no luck. Whatever it is must be just under the dash like maybe a wiring loom or connector that’s contacting a metal bracket.

Does anyone know if the trim around the base of the screen pops up? I’d like to look under there to see if I can find something.

I believe that it does, though I've never done it myself. Check this thread out, there should be more info there:

When there are slight road imperfections I sometimes get a low rattling sound on the top of the steering column. When I press down on it, it’s gone. On smooth roads there are no issues.

Back