CX-90 ADM?!

EWL5

'23 X3 xDrive30
My first time at a Mazda dealership. It was pretty full and quite a bit of interest around the CX-90 in the showroom. Salesman told me the 3.3 Turbo S was not available at the moment and would be a couple of weeks, with the PHEV following suit next month. I sat in the car and it was fairly roomy w/the third row able to seat 2 adults comfortably (prob 5'10" max height). The only thing that bothers me is the 2nd row can only be had w/captain's chairs in the top trims (to be fair, there wasn't much space in the middle b/w the 2 chair's arms). I want max capacity with the third row down to full utilize space! If the top trim had the 2nd row as a bench, I think this would be a slam dunk purchase for me.

Salesman wanted $5k ADM on top of MSRP for the CX-90 due to demand! Are folks paying mostly MSRP or w/ADM in the market?

Last edited:
A couple of years ago, in the thick of the pandemic, ADMs were being applied to Subarus, Hondas, etc. Mazda dealers stuck to MSRP, based on what people were reporting in the "What did you pay?" thread.

Don't bite! I can't remember the last time I've seen Mazda dealers try and charge an ADM. I've heard that some dealers in the US are even going as high as $10k ADM :oops:

I paid MSRP for an on-the-lot allocation. Seeing plenty of others getting the same. I would be very wary of paying mark-up.......

Anybody willing to pay mark-up should only do so if they get GAP insurance and make sure the GAP insurance will cover the mark-up....

Turbo S will come to your nearby dealers soon.
Just sat in one a couple days ago while having oil change done to my '17 CX5.
Very nice, I would say.
Mazda really goes upmarket.

My first time at a Mazda dealership. It was pretty full and quite a bit of interest around the CX-90 in the showroom. Salesman told me the 3.3 Turbo S was not available at the moment and would be a couple of weeks, with the PHEV following suit next month. I sat in the car and it was fairly roomy w/the third row able to seat 2 adults comfortably (prob 5'10" max height). The only thing that bothers me is the 2nd row can only be had w/captain's chairs in the top trims (to be fair, there wasn't much space in the middle b/w the 2 chair's arms). I want max capacity with the third row down to full utilize space! If the top trim had the 2nd row as a bench, I think this would be a slam dunk purchase for me.

Salesman wanted $5k ADM on top of MSRP for the CX-90 due to demand! Are folks paying mostly MSRP or w/ADM in the market?
One of my local dealers (Phoenix) is advertising the regular Turbo for about $1,000 off MSRP, but the Turbo S Premium and Premium plus models just list the MSRP price, which tells me they are probably marked up. If you think about it from the dealer’s point of view, this is their flagship, their brand new state of the art loaded SUV, the most valuable car on the lot, so they are going to try and get as much as they can for them. And they probably don’t mind waiting for the people who will pay, especially since this is a 2024 model.
If you can have a little patience, I wouldn’t worry about it, however, the price should come down. I don’t think the CX-90 is going to set the world on fire. There is so much competition in this segment. I think the CX-90 is destined to be like every other Mazda, appealing to a small niche of enthusiast buyers.

There is only one response to dealer ADMs…. WALK AWAY!

If we all consistently did that, there would be no ADMs. Don’t support bad dealer behavior by playing their game.

It’s just one tool in their toolbox. They might agree not to charge markup, but then there are always add-ons, extended warranties, various dealer fees and higher interest rates. Most car buyers are not logical, especially when it comes to buying fully-loaded luxury sleds. If you have to have the latest and greatest as soon as its available, than you will most likely pay extra, either in money—or in time and frustration by having to deal with the inevitable early adopter issues

It’s just one tool in their toolbox. They might agree not to charge markup, but then there are always add-ons, extended warranties, various dealer fees and higher interest rates. Most car buyers are not logical, especially when it comes to buying fully-loaded luxury sleds. If you have to have the latest and greatest as soon as its available, than you will most likely pay extra, either in money—or in time and frustration by having to deal with the inevitable early adopter issues

Last time I was an early adopter, I ended up with both a Blu-ray and HD-DVD player! :(

Here is a local example of the discount off MSRP /but actually marked up BS a lot of the dealers here in Phoenix try to pull
IMG_2892.pngIMG_2891.png

Tell your salesman to take a HIKE! The production line is slowly churning them out so dealers only get 2 cars to start with. Note, i dont think there will be any spare parts for cx90 for a long while, just incase there is a need. My dealer offering at MSRP, but no test drive allowed, and he only has two in stock. Sorry, they can keep it!

Don't bite on that ADM. I got MSRP less $1500 less $7500 (PHEV qualified for the tax credit). Shop around or walk out of the dealer and make them earn the deal.

Don't bite on that ADM. I got MSRP less $1500 less $7500 (PHEV qualified for the tax credit). Shop around or walk out of the dealer and make them earn the deal.
I paid MSRP for a GLS450 last summer. Most dealers in my area wanted anywhere from $10-20k ADM!

Back