2007~2015 CX-9 200K miles required maintenance?

I bought my 2009 CX-9 at 74,000 miles and it now has 211,000 miles. The only maintenance I have done is regular oil changes (Pennzoil synthetic) and NOTHING else. The only part I had to replace was the starter, but otherwise it has not been in the shop for anything else. I have to say this car is the most under-rated and the most reliable vehicle I have owned by far (and I have owned Mercedes, Lexuses, Ford, Toyotas, Hondas, VW) so I want to treat it right. Can you give me a list of must do maintenance I should do now?

Thanks in advance.

Wow.

Tranny and diff have to be fried.

If you do switch out the transmission and gear fluids, you probably should only do 1/2 at this point and leave 1/2 old fluid in. That's probably all that's keeping it together at this point. You change it all and it's probably gonna slip like crazy.

Mazda had 10 yr/100000 k coolant in there so you may be ok.
Is your coolant still blue ? But if not, system might be corroded... Did you ever top off the coolant in all these years? Coolant flush at this point could loosen up all kinds of corroded metal, etc.

Problem is ... At this point, changing any fluids may do more damage than good. Take it to a mechanic and get their opinion.

Might be better to leave as-is for whatever short lifespan it has left.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back