CX-60 Remote start problem

New CX-60.
Installed Mazda app on iPhone ok.
Remote start won't work - message says failed after request successfully received by car.

Also, when car locked, only the 'locked' icon appears on the app, not the unlocked icon, so no way to remotely unlock the car either

Any others have same issue? Any fixes?

There is no way to unlock the car with the app.

You can only lock it if you realize you’ve forgotten to lock the car.

New CX-60.
Installed Mazda app on iPhone ok.
Remote start won't work - message says failed after request successfully received by car.

Also, when car locked, only the 'locked' icon appears on the app, not the unlocked icon, so no way to remotely unlock the car either

Any others have same issue? Any fixes?
On my 2021 cx 5, i can remote start it, but cannot STOP the engine, although it says on App button Stop/Start. The app renewal cost is $600 for another 4 years. Whose App are you using? Third party or Mazda?

On my 2021 cx 5, i can remote start it, but cannot STOP the engine, although it says on App button Stop/Start. The app renewal cost is $600 for another 4 years. Whose App are you using? Third party or Mazda?
$600 for 4 years?! Ouch! No renewal for me! Ifind the app is pretty much useless for me anyway on my CX-50. I use the remote start and that's about it, and even that is a pain.

This is utterly ridiculous. Certainly not going to pay for an app to remotely control my car, which wouldn't work 90% of the time, because it's parked in an underground garage with zero cellular coverage. This is almost as ridiculous as BMW's "pay for turning the seat heater on".

This is utterly ridiculous. Certainly not going to pay for an app to remotely control my car, which wouldn't work 90% of the time, because it's parked in an underground garage with zero cellular coverage. This is almost as ridiculous as BMW's "pay for turning the seat heater on".
Try to ask your dealer about this from owners manual :cool:

OVERVIEW OF YOUR BENEFITS
The MyMazda app* allows you to view your entire service history, find your nearest Mazda partner and read your owner's manual. But our new features make using and maintaining your Mazda even more practical.

Whether it's parked in a multi-storey car park or on a side street, our handy vehicle locator can help you find your Mazda instantly.

Just out of interest, why would you want to use the Remote Start feature?

If you want the car warmed up, just use the remote climate feature.

Just out of interest, why would you want to use the Remote Start feature?

If you want the car warmed up, just use the remote climate feature.
What are you talking about? Remote start is used to warm up car. You have to turn engine on first and leave settings inside car to heat i guess. I have never tested that part, as i just want the radiator to be hot so when i get in car, the heat starts immediately when i put on the car heater.

Also the front windshield does not defrost on both sides as vent in the middle only. The dealer lied to me when he said there is a defroster wire at bottom of windsheild and side mirrors also adjust with memory seats.

What are you talking about? Remote start is used to warm up car. You have to turn engine on first and leave settings inside car to heat i guess. I have never tested that part, as i just want the radiator to be hot so when i get in car, the heat starts immediately when i put on the car heater.

Also the front windshield does not defrost on both sides as vent in the middle only. The dealer lied to me when he said there is a defroster wire at bottom of windsheild and side mirrors also adjust with memory seats.
For the CX60 you have an option to start climate control. Set the temperature, indicate front and or rear windows etc.

The problem is that despite being plugged into a charger, it will draw on battery power. So as well as doing this you need to reenable charging on the car. Easy if you are a geek and integrate the car and charger into Home Automation. More if a pain using the app.

I can’t imagine any reason I’d need to start the car.

Back