CX-60 High Beam Assist and Remote Start issue

1 day old CX60. High Beam Assist is unusable as it blinds oncoming traffic more often than not.

Has anyone successfully remote started the car via the phone app? Mine just says ' operation failed' even though the car has received the instruction ok.

@dk2211, I moved your post into it's own thread in the hopes that more people will see it. Originally posted from here, where user Southeast also reported an issue with high beam assist.

Your remote start issue might be the first of it's kind reported here for the CX-60. You said the car received the instruction - does that mean that the car still starts after you get the "operation failed" message on your phone? If so, it may be a problem with the app. Maybe uninstalling it and reinstalling it will fix the issue?

In any case, check with the dealer regarding both issues, if only just to report them. Hopefully they'll have some answers for you!

I havent tried remote start yet, but I've done the aircon and front and rear demist which has worked fine. Ill try remote start tomorrow. Mines low enough on battery to start from engine at the moment.

I have noticed that I get a 'operation failed' notification on the app AFTER I have gone to the car and started it up after using the remote AC function first.

High Beam, yes that was my initial issue coming on in city driving. I turned it off and on a few times. I haven't done much night time driving in the last couple of weeks, but in the short trips I've made it hasn't come on now...but I haven't gone to any places where it would need it to come on either, so I may have deactivated it entirely!

The "Remote Start" function is to remotely start charging, not to start the engine.. However, I haven't managed to get that to work, although I've only tried using it after I've had a message advising that the Battery is charged, but on checking it hasn't fully charged, but is connected to the mains. I have succesfully used the Remote demist and heat function which is great when the car is iced up.

1 day old CX60. High Beam Assist is unusable as it blinds oncoming traffic more often than not.
Sounds exactly like my 10 years old Mazda 6 (GJ). I turned it off and used manual high beam ever since I got it. I was hoping the technology would improve over 10 years, but clearly not 😆

I've only tried using it after I've had a message advising that the Battery is charged
Remote start charging can't by performed after battery is charged, but can be be used short after heat function have kicked in - to supply the drain from heater.

@dk2211, I moved your post into it's own thread in the hopes that more people will see it. Originally posted from here, where user Southeast also reported an issue with high beam assist.

Your remote start issue might be the first of it's kind reported here for the CX-60. You said the car received the instruction - does that mean that the car still starts after you get the "operation failed" message on your phone? If so, it may be a problem with the app. Maybe uninstalling it and reinstalling it will fix the issue?

In any case, check with the dealer regarding both issues, if only just to report them. Hopefully they'll have some answers for you!
It uses the cell phone network mazda has contract with. Move car to clear spot and try.

Remote start charging can't by performed after battery is charged, but can be be used short after heat function have kicked in - to supply the drain from heater.
It probably depends on the configuration of the in-car settings and the wall box.
I usually start charging just before starting the remote pre-heating, and it never failed, even if the battery was already charged to the chosen limit (in my case 90%).

Drain of the pre-heating can however be larger than available power from mains, so I usually end up with 88% charge of the battery, i.e. 2% was snatched from battery, the rest came from mains.

Reactions: BWJ
Back