CX-60 Charging issue

:
CX60 Homura Pet
Ran the software update yesterday, but it still stops charging after about 30 minutes and reports "Charging complete". And the "Remote Charge Start" doesn't get it going again even though I get a message saying Remote Start completed. Anybody know how to fix this or why it stops? It usually continues to 100% after I turn the power off and then back on.

Ran the software update yesterday, but it still stops charging after about 30 minutes and reports "Charging complete". And the "Remote Charge Start" doesn't get it going again even though I get a message saying Remote Start completed. Anybody know how to fix this or why it stops? It usually continues to 100% after I turn the power off and then back on.
Not sure if it's relevant here, by on my country's CX-60 forum there were reports of the same problem being caused by a voltage drop in mains, e.g. when the owner had some bigger household appliance starting while the CX-60 was charging in the garage.

Do you use wall charger 2 or 3 phases? if yes, then try to use 1 phase only.

I am using a standard UK 3 pin plug and socket, which as far as I can tell (from web information) is single phase.

Then you have to try another socket, that use another phase, to eliminate the problem Gajdzin describes

Unfortunately that's not an option for me, as it's the only socket in the garage and the lead won't reach from the drive to any sockets in the house. Seems like I'll have to live with it if that's the cause.

I believe my wall box have the same issue (it has a load balancer so it jumps between phases all the time), but it was easy to overcome: I set the in-car setting to charge whenever connected, and my wall box to start charging upon explicit authorization.

That way I can have the car connected at all times, but initiate the charging only whenever I feel for it.

The only downside is that once charging was requested, MyMazda app is literally carpet bombing me with notifications like:
"Charging started"
"Charging completed"
"Charging started"
"Charging completed"
etc.
until the real charge limit is reached.

Car only charged to 78% last night for no explicable reason. Just stopped charging, despite the Pod Point charger being available and ready to charge. Single phase installation.

Stopped at 20:18

App message reported charging complete.

Nothing obvious in any of my Home Automation logs to indicate any type of power or voltage drops. No big users of power at that time in the house and voltage of the house mains stable at between 230v and 235v

Never happened before. I will need to monitor this.

Which software update do you speak of?

Last edited:
Car only charged to 78% last night for no explicable reason. Just stopped charging, despite the Pod Point charger being available and ready to charge. Single phase installation.

Stopped at 20:18

App message reported charging complete.

Nothing obvious in any of my Home Automation logs to indicate any type of power or voltage drops. No big users of power at that time in the house and voltage of the house mains stable at between 230v and 235v

Never happened before. I will need to monitor this.
Turns out the Pod Point circuit breaker had tripped.

The Pod Point app doesn’t report or alert a loss of connectivity 🤦‍♀️

Which software update do you speak of?
I had seen a message on the car status screen advising that a software update was available. I went into System Settings, checked for software updates, and installed the available package. I think it was 14.0010 or similar.

Have been having the same charging issues regularly since buying the car in September. Local dealer has been little help, saying there's nothing they can do as no fault is logged on the car. Starting to wish we'd not bought it.

Good to know:

Faults have been found on some of the supplied charging cables for the car, which cause the described faults - therefore faults are not stored in the car, as the fault is elsewhere.

Have been having the same charging issues regularly since buying the car in September. Local dealer has been little help, saying there's nothing they can do as no fault is logged on the car. Starting to wish we'd not bought it.
I have experienced charging problems as below. On gridserve motorway charging points, the charging rate has been circa half of the speed the car is supposed to be capable of taking. On a pod point charging station, the charge completed at only 28%. Have other people met similar problems? At home, I have a QUBEV charging unit, which has been fine.

Back