CX-60 aftermarket wheels

Hi, I'm new to the forum, but I don't see a "Hello" thread, so I'll dive right in:

My CX-60 PHEV Homura is expected end March, so I'm starting to shop around for alloy wheels. I want to replace the original 20" with 18", to improve ride comfort on the bad roads in my area. Saving some 15kg of rotational mass also won't hurt. Unfortunately, I don't like the 18" OEM designs for CX-60, and not many aftermarket wheels available in EU come in 7.5x18" 5x114.3 ET45 CH67.1, min. load rating 680kg. Has anyone here bought aftermarket wheels, perhaps as a second set for winter tyres? Photos would be nice :)

Happy New Year 2023 to all Mazda owners,

Marcin Bruczkowski
Warsaw, Poland

CX60's look underwheeled even on 20's, they need 21's as standard and 22's as optional imo...18's look like toy wheels :)

For me a massive SUV on 20" wheels with low profile tyres looks like a hipopotamus on cat's paws :)

A large SUV looks best on chunky wheels and solid tyres, to my eyes.

I don't think you'll achieve that look with 18's though, but looking forward to see what wheels you go for, be nice to see some modifications happening. Just make sure you opt for Forged wheels over cast, aftermarket cast wheels feel terrible - if you tap them with a spanner you can even hear the vibrations they make.

The ET dosent have to be perfect, there is enough room in the arch to push them out a couple of mm more, you could probably go down to ET35 safely, so much so Eibach have released spacers for the wheels there is that much space!

I've been debating the Eibach springs, a slightly lower stance (20mm) but having used their Pro springs before, they will outperform the originals for comfort and handling. Waiting to see what happens with the struts first as to make the call.

Last edited:

The ET dosent have to be perfect, there is enough room in the arch to push them out a couple of mm more, you could probably go down to ET35 safely, so much so Eibach have released spacers for the wheels there is that much space!

If this car was on the market for several years and had all of its early issues sorted out, I wouldn't mind a few mm ET difference, but not with a new design that still has "teething" problems. Should I have any issues with handling, suspension, vibrations, etc., I assure you Mazda Poland will say it's my fault for using non-standard wheel specs. In fact I have it from them in writing that they don't take any responsibility for issues that may result from using other wheel specs.

That's why I can't use most of the wheels in your link - they are almost all 8", while Mazda requires 7.5". Wheels with CX-60 specs are hard to find, hence my original post. For example, in the entire OZ (my favourite brand) catalogue there's only ONE matching model. Especially the minimum load rating is an issue, most of their wheels are clearly designed for lighter cars, with load capacity like 600 or 630kg, while CX-60 requires 680kg.

If this car was on the market for several years and had all of its early issues sorted out, I wouldn't mind a few mm ET difference, but not with a new design that still has "teething" problems. Should I have any issues with handling, suspension, vibrations, etc., I assure you Mazda Poland will say it's my fault for using non-standard wheel specs. In fact I have it from them in writing that they don't take any responsibility for issues that may result from using other wheel specs.

That's why I can't use most of the wheels in your link - they are almost all 8", while Mazda requires 7.5". Wheels with CX-60 specs are hard to find, hence my original post. For example, in the entire OZ (my favourite brand) catalogue there's only ONE matching model. Especially the minimum load rating is an issue, most of their wheels are clearly designed for lighter cars, with load capacity like 600 or 630kg, while CX-60 requires 680kg.

I think the manufacturer will claim warranty invalid on using any aftermarket parts (they do in the UK), although strictly speaking the offending part would have to relate to what is being claimed for on warranty, but you know for sure they will find a way to link it even if it was a washer jet or something!

Ah I see regarding wheels. Some companies will make a set to your specifications, but it gets pricey as its just a single wheelset, and if you go for a Forged wheel, you'll be into many thousands for a set. You'll probably be able to get a cast set made, but another issue may be getting the TUV certification which will support your weight loading if required. But you could say to them that it would be a wheel suitable for the CX60 and they be interested in using it as a marketing exercise.

I'll keep my eyes peeled anyway, I am sure some of the Japanese tuners will already be in the process of developing some stuff for the CX60 like one has with the body kit.

Hi and welcome, @Gajdzin!

Have you checked out what Rays has to/will offer? They are well-known and seem to work closely with the Japanese auto manufacturers. They also offer a variety of wheel lines designed to suit all sorts of tastes and vehicles.

In any case, hope you keep us updated and Happy New Years to you too! 😁

Hi and welcome, @Gajdzin!

Have you checked out what Rays has to/will offer? They are well-known and seem to work closely with the Japanese auto manufacturers. They also offer a variety of wheel lines designed to suit all sorts of tastes and vehicles.

In any case, hope you keep us updated and Happy New Years to you too! 😁
Thank you very much Antoine! Great tip, because until now I've been looking at several designs from Rays, Weds & Enkei here: Rakuten, but not willing to go through the hassle of importing them from Japan - after exploring your link, though, I found out Rays has a distributor in my country, unlike Enkei and most other Japanese brands. So definitely going to check it out.

Happy New Year!

Thank you very much Antoine! Great tip, because until now I've been looking at several designs from Rays, Weds & Enkei here: Rakuten, but not willing to go through the hassle of importing them from Japan - after exploring your link, though, I found out Rays has a distributor in my country, unlike Enkei and most other Japanese brands. So definitely going to check it out.

Happy New Year!

Rays wheels are the very best, and they are all Forged...not going to be cheap though! Dig deep :)

Hi, I'm new to the forum, but I don't see a "Hello" thread, so I'll dive right in:

My CX-60 PHEV Homura is expected end March, so I'm starting to shop around for alloy wheels. I want to replace the original 20" with 18", to improve ride comfort on the bad roads in my area. Saving some 15kg of rotational mass also won't hurt. Unfortunately, I don't like the 18" OEM designs for CX-60, and not many aftermarket wheels available in EU come in 7.5x18" 5x114.3 ET45 CH67.1, min. load rating 680kg. Has anyone here bought aftermarket wheels, perhaps as a second set for winter tyres? Photos would be nice :)

Happy New Year 2023 to all Mazda owners,

Marcin Bruczkowski
Warsaw, Poland
Do you all have junkyards over there?

See if you can get a set of salvage rims...of a newer(or older) model Kia or Hyundai. They make 18 inch rims for there vehicle as options.

Appears Mazda cx60 offers 7.5x18 ET45 as options.
Kia and Hyundai have same centerbore, and pcd. Depending on the model ,the offset may be same or slightly different. Slight difference shouldnt be a problem. You may be able to do larger rim width if push offset out.
Maybe an 8 inch rim with 40 or 42 offset.

Try some research and doing some calculations at wheel-size.com. search different make and model rims @ wheelfitment.eu.com

You might be able to do salvage or even aftermarket rims with slight difference. See if these will work
Original 7.5x18 et 45
7x 18 et 48.5
8x18 et 40
8x18 et 42
Etc,etc.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221231-143636.png
    Screenshot_20221231-143636.png
    77.5 KB · Views: 79
  • Screenshot_20221231-144518.png
    Screenshot_20221231-144518.png
    73.6 KB · Views: 88
  • Screenshot_20221231-144614.png
    Screenshot_20221231-144614.png
    86.8 KB · Views: 84
  • Screenshot_20221231-145558.png
    Screenshot_20221231-145558.png
    55.2 KB · Views: 85
Do you all have junkyards over there?
I do, and the local equivalent of eBay with plenty of 2nd hand wheels, except half of them have been straightened (from who knows how severe bending/misalignment, meaning unknown impact on structural rigidity), so if I'm buying a new car for 60k€, I might as well get brand new wheels 🙂

It's not impossible to find the required size 7.5Jx18", 5x114.3, ET45, CH67.1, load 680kg, it's just that there are very few models with these specs in Europe. Much more in Japan, but I want to buy locally, less hassle. Now if Mazda allowed 8" width, we would have much more to choose from, unfortunately in my country Mazda clearly stated that they take no responsibility for any issues if a user installs wheels with different specs than above. And there are already several issues with vibrations at certain speeds reported at a local forum, so I can't risk a situation when the dealer will refuse to help me because I've installed the wrong wheel size.

I wrote to the importer to explain why they don't allow 8" wide wheels, if several European wheels with that width already have a TUV certificate for CX-60... Waiting for a response, usually takes a week or so.

Happy new year!

Rays wheels are the very best, and they are all Forged...not going to be cheap though! Dig deep :)
Actually they have plenty of cast models, for example in their Homura line. I did study their catalogue, but like with most manufacturers, very few models are available in 7.5Jx18 and all the other Mazda-required specs. Like in the aforementioned Homura line - none.

Actually they have plenty of cast models, for example in their Homura line. I did study their catalogue, but like with most manufacturers, very few models are available in 7.5Jx18 and all the other Mazda-required specs. Like in the aforementioned Homura line - none.
Try looking for enkei or bbs on 18x7.5

Try looking for enkei or bbs on 18x7.5
Enkei - very limited offering in Europe. They are a top brand in Japan, even making OEM wheels for most brands, I bet the original Mazda wheels are by Enkei. BBS Europe doesn't make 7.5Jx18 as far I as I could see, unlike BBS Japan, but I want to buy locally.

Back