CX-50 / CX-30 Aftermarket suspension parts...Direct bolt on?

:
2023 CX-50
Hello all,
I recently purchased a CX-50 and want to upgrade the suspension setup. To my understanding, the CX-50 is built on the same platform as the CX-30. So in theory, it shares the same suspension setup (Macpherson front and torsion beam rear). Since there are no aftermarket parts available yet for the CX-50 and with curb weight out of the equation, I was wondering if an aftermarket suspension setup for CX-30 will fit the CX-50? In other words, would it be a direct bolt on?

You can cross-reference the OEM part numbers with the -50 and -30 to see if they would fit. The CX-50 is pretty new, so I'm not sure if you'd be able to find any parts diagrams on the internet yet, but you should be able to ask the dealership parts counter for the part numbers on specific components for each car, then compare them yourself.

I would not take curb weight out of the equation, especially when it comes to suspension components. If, for example, the part number for the OEM springs is the same for the -50 and -30, then an aftermarket set of springs for the -30 should fit on the -50 as well. Depending on how significant the weight difference between the two cars is, those aftermarket springs on the -50 may result in unwanted results (in addition to the already present risk of voiding your warranty).

Back