2013~2016 CX-5 Rear coil spring backorder

fmagic

2014 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD
:
Paoli, PA USA
I have a 2014 CX-5 Grand Touring that has a broken rear coil spring (P/N KF72-28-011C). The dealer was able to remove the broken piece of the spring coil to make the car operational again, but they told me the car will not pass inspection until the coil is replaced. I have had the part on backorder for over 2 months, but now my inspection is coming due. From what I am told, there is a worldwide backorder of this part, with no estimated date available from Mazda. I am limited to very local driving until this is fixed, and being very careful to avoid potholes but I live in Pennsylvania, where every road is a pothole farm.

Does anyone know of any non-OEM spring coils that would work? I'm getting pretty desperate because I don't want to buy a new car. I love this CX-5!

FYI, I did find there was a service bulletin regarding an issue with the rear spring coils:

I have a 2014 CX-5 Grand Touring that has a broken rear coil spring (P/N KF72-28-011C). The dealer was able to remove the broken piece of the spring coil to make the car operational again, but they told me the car will not pass inspection until the coil is replaced. I have had the part on backorder for over 2 months, but now my inspection is coming due. From what I am told, there is a worldwide backorder of this part, with no estimated date available from Mazda. I am limited to very local driving until this is fixed, and being very careful to avoid potholes but I live in Pennsylvania, where every road is a pothole farm.

Does anyone know of any non-OEM spring coils that would work? I'm getting pretty desperate because I don't want to buy a new car. I love this CX-5!

FYI, I did find there was a service bulletin regarding an issue with the rear spring coils:
At least this Mazda dealer claims they have 38 in stock. Give it a try.

963A48CF-EF3C-426F-A304-5AB358853E24.png

Should be able to source one at a junk yard I would think

I tried one of those sites before, and it showed stock, so I placed the order. They immediately contacted me saying the part was back-ordered. I will try this site, but I'm expecting the same result since the site looks very similar.

Should be able to source one at a junk yard I would think
Based on the TSB there’re 4 different part numbers on the rear coil spring for 2013 ~ 2018 CX-5’s. I’d imagine OP got his correct part number from his Mazda dealer based on the VIN. If he’s going to get the rear coil spring from a salvage yard, it’s hard to verify which coil spring he’d be receiving. Or may be to get a pair at least they should match each other.

AE5BAECF-95E5-4D27-8F9E-8624440D1129.jpeg

Back