CX-5 interior, cleaning product recommendations?

Our CX-5 is a year old now. Still under 8K miles. We live on an old farm and things get really dusty here. Can't excape it. We're looking for recommendations for clearning interior door panels, dash, etc. Any tips? What do all of you use?
Thanks, Dennis in EASTERN WA state

For plastic trim I use Meguiars D101 diluted 10:1 and 303 aerospace after to protect. The gallon size will last a long time depending how much you clean. For quick touch ups Meguiars ultimate quick detailer is good. I keep a bottle and microfiber in my behind my front seat for quick touch ups for spills and what not.

For leather, honey leather cleaner and conditioner is pretty good for the price. Meguiars and Adams make a good 2 step as well. If you’re looking for something higher end check out swissvax.

If you have the Signature with Nappa leather, read the manual. I only use some water and dry it off. Also, I suggest you do not spray anything on the dash. Most of what you buy makes it look nice and shiney. Then, it can reflect the sun. Just use a damp cloth and dry it.

I have been using 303 Aerospace for years. It is good stuff, leaves a nice matte finish when applied per directions, and has UV inhibitors. I use a small cellulose kitchen sponge cut in half to apply it, never spray directly to the surfaces. Let it soak in for an hour and then buff with a microfiber towel.
I just detailed the interior of my year old CX 5 and it looks great. Also apply 303 liberally to all the rubber weather seals around the doors, etc.
For the actual leather parts of the car, I used some leftover Zaino leather dressing and when that is gone I will probably buy some Mequiars or other major brand from the auto parts stores.
A good tip for cleaning the A/C vents is to get one of those large, soft makeup brushes from the cosmetics section of your local drug store. They work great for getting dust out of other areas too and won't scratch the piano finish.

I'm also a fan of 303 since I got my CX-5 in November for the interior. As Dwight mentions, it doesn't impart a shiny finish and you do need to buff it off with a clean MF.

For plastic trim I use Meguiars D101 diluted 10:1 and 303 aerospace after to protect. The gallon size will last a long time depending how much you clean. For quick touch ups Meguiars ultimate quick detailer is good. I keep a bottle and microfiber in my behind my front seat for quick touch ups for spills and what not.

I second this. I also use 303 to protect, works very well.

Since you live in an area where dust is a common problem, I would recommend some simple Swiffer dusters. They're really convenient, so you can use them whenever you've got a visible layer of dust. After applying something like 303, dust tends to wipe off a little easier. I'd suggest buying the box of Swiffer refills since you won't really need the handle.

Also, because of the dusty environment, I would also recommend pulling the engine and cabin air filters out during every oil change and giving them a few good smacks to knock the dust free and hopefully prolong the life of the filters.

^This. The swiffer dusters are a life saver. The great thing about 303 is you can turn around and use it on the exterior plastics after you wash and dry.

Which model do you have @DennisT?

I forgot about the Swifter dusters. They work great for a quick touchup. I keep a sheet folded up and stashed in the overhead compartment for sunglasses.

Thanks everyone. I'll look for 303. My wife knows all about Swifter stuff....., so she'll know what to get now that using those is mentioned. And Matty, ours is a 2019 with everything except Signature and turbo. Drove the turbo which was a quicker vehicle but we both like the non-turbo we got.

Depends on your needs. I rarely need a spray-on cleaner and found here, some time ago, that the Swiffer dusters work well for getting dust and the like. My dash had a sort of tacky feel to it making it hard to clean. The Swiffer duster works great.

Only a microfiber with a sprinkle of distilled water works best for me. On my 3rd year in Arizona dust and sun.

I'm agreeing with others on the 303 products - definitely something very useful.

Does NOT leave a glossy shine, but seems to be great at repelling dust for a few weeks after application too.

303 is effective, but at the same time a very toxic substance, when you see the website where the person uses the drug, and can read It is gentle and safe, and afterwards read the data sheet for 303, then it is not connected.
BE CAREFULl.........................

303 All-Surface Interior Cleaner Chemwatch: 5405-58 Version No: 2.1.1.1 Safety Data Sheet according to WHS and ADG requirements, Chemwatch Hazard Alert Code: 1

BE CAREFULl.........................

303 All-Surface Interior Cleaner Chemwatch: 5405-58 Version No: 2.1.1.1 Safety Data Sheet according to WHS and ADG requirements, Chemwatch Hazard Alert Code: 1

Chemwatch Hazard Code 1 is LOW
1613597420123.png

finding the actual user guide from Chemwatch is difficult.. have one from an educational resources:

this is to say; yes this product can cause skin / eye irritation if left in contact for prolonged periods of time; don't ingest it - but if you do it wont kill you but you wont like how it makes you feel.

nothing to see here; this is the same category as your household dish soap or laundry detergent for hazard/risk.

I'm going a different direction here, as the OP asked about cleaning. Most quick detailers are safe on the interior too, as well as leaving a laxer of protection behind. I'm going with a very inexpensive, yet highly reviewed concentrate. - Duragloss Rinseless Wash with Aquawax. google it, it's dirt cheap but high quality, inside and out. - paint, interior dash, leather, windows. I wrote Duragloss and they confirmed it can be used on interiors

Back