CX-5 Electronic Parking Brake torque specs?

I am replacing the rear caliper and am taking off the Electronic parking motor on the rear brakes. Does anyone know the torque specs for these 2 bolts that attach to the caliper to mount the EPB motor..?

I talked to a technician at the Mazda dealership and he said the torque specs are 12 lbs for the 2 mounting bolts that hold the EPB motor onto the calliper itself.

50DEC5DC-A952-41E0-9500-F7A07A87C687.jpeg

Upvote 0
Thanks everyone for advice and assistance on doing maintenance on my Mazda CX5 it's good to see others willing to share their knowledge to help another person out when doing your own maintenance. This is a great group to be part of thanks again. 👍

Upvote 0
I am about to embark on rear caliper and EPB motor replacement as well on my '18 because the calipers are shot as previous owner did not put the car in maintenance mode and I've got parking brake malfunction and can't take it out of service mode.

Question for you, does rear caliper replacement require a bidirectional scan tool in order to reset the EPB position and take it out of service mode?

Upvote 0
I am about to embark on rear caliper and EPB motor replacement as well on my '18 because the calipers are shot as previous owner did not put the car in maintenance mode and I've got parking brake malfunction and can't take it out of service mode.

Question for you, does rear caliper replacement require a bidirectional scan tool in order to reset the EPB position and take it out of service mode?
Look on youtube there are many videos showing how to put it in the service mode before you start working on the brakes same as how to put it back in regular mode not a difficult job just take your time doing it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back