CX-5 Console USB Port issue

Pitter

Pitter
Contributor
:
2020 CX-5 Signature Azul Metalico
Has anyone had any issues with the USB ports in the front console? After somewhat more than a year’s use I'm finding it hard to get my connection cable to make contact with Android Auto and connect my phone with WAZE navigation.

For more than a year there was no problem. I have tried a second cable but to no effect. I now have to wiggle the USB terminal in the port in the console until contact is made which is getting harder and harder. I suppose I will try yet another cable to see if it's the problem.

Has anyone had any issues with the USB ports in the front console? After somewhat more than a year’s use I'm finding it hard to get my connection cable to make contact with Android Auto and connect my phone with WAZE navigation.

For more than a year there was no problem. I have tried a second cable but to no effect. I now have to wiggle the USB terminal in the port in the console until contact is made which is getting harder and harder. I suppose I will try yet another cable to see if it's the problem.
If another cable doesn't fix your USB port problem, and since your vehicle is still under warranty I'd take it into a dealer and let them figure out, and fix your problem.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reviving this thread as my usb doesnt really work. I have carplay/aa, which works fine, but the other port is terrible. We plug in our phones and can see on the screen that it’s constantly connecting and disconnecting. We’ve tried multiple cables, including an Apple cable, but same results. I’m still under warranty on my 2019 cpo, but wondering if it’s even worth fixing if a new one will be terrible too. I know I can get a cigarette lighter adapter. But I’m of the mind that everything should be working properly. Anyone have a similar issue and get it resolved?

Upvote 0
Reviving this thread as my usb doesnt really work. I have carplay/aa, which works fine, but the other port is terrible. We plug in our phones and can see on the screen that it’s constantly connecting and disconnecting. We’ve tried multiple cables, including an Apple cable, but same results. I’m still under warranty on my 2019 cpo, but wondering if it’s even worth fixing if a new one will be terrible too. I know I can get a cigarette lighter adapter. But I’m of the mind that everything should be working properly. Anyone have a similar issue and get it resolved?

This is normal. If you'll look closely at the two USB ports in your dash, one has a phone symbol next to it, the other does not. The port with the phone symbol is the only port that can source the amount of current needed to charge the phone.

Again, this is normal and the way the system works.

Upvote 0
Back