CV Axle repair

:
mazda
Center side of the boot is broke on both right and left

This seems an expensive repair compared my Acura Integra - they just reboot it for under $100 a side.
Any advice tips?

I replaced both sides when I did my clutch. Driver's side had a failed outer boot. I think I paid $110 total for both. If you can do it yourself it is not hard and worth the savings.

I did the work. The parts came from Rockauto
Thanks - what brand did u get?
Did u change the axle or reboot?

This turned out to be the most difficult repair in my entire car history - as earlier "they just reboot it for under $100 a side " for my Acura Integra

M5 axle is not shared with M3 or others - so reman parts are rare. So is inner boot. FEQ seems reputed but now then they may not be the exact fit - you won't know until you try it out and it's too late by then.

Last edited:
I replaced the whole axle. I used the suntrack/trackmotive brand from Rockauto. I stressed over the no ABS tone ring for nothing. The tone ring is built into the hub. Used an air impact and air chisel to get them out.

I replaced the whole axle. I used the suntrack/trackmotive brand from Rockauto. I stressed over the no ABS tone ring for nothing. The tone ring is built into the hub. Used an air impact and air chisel to get them out.
I was going to do the same with FEQ parts - then I learned that 10% of the time the part has issues.

So I had it repaired using parts from RockAuto - BeckAnley. Mind you inner boot is scarce elsewhere including Mazada dealer.

We might run into issues with parts on M5 with time.

But someone is making the boots. It's not going to be FEQ. Usually the manufacturer will have other distribution channels...You just have to find it like he said.

Latest posts

Back