Custom Badge Decals

TreyP

2018 Soul Red AWD Touring CX-5
I had these badge decals custom made awhile back and finally got around to putting them on. The carbon fiber emblem one is the only one I did not design, and it came off eBay.

the carbon fiber looks great, not a fan of the CX-5 to be honest.

I'd be interested in what exactly everyone does not like about the decals. The font? The placement? The fact that it doesn't look like every other CX-5 on the road?

What ever the issue is, I'll say it again, I really love how it looks. It looks even better than I had hoped. I will say that it looks better in person than in pictures, but I also doubt that anyone who doesn't like the pics would like it in person. It all good, I'm not a fan of everything I've seen people do to their cars either. :)

Hey TREYP, one thing that I learned very early on in my car customization days: if it looks good to you, that's all that matters.

Personally, I'm not feeling the decals because of the font and placement. I think it would look cleaner without them or with a more standardized font.

But hey, that doesn't mean to stop posting! Keep sharing, it's nice to see what everyone else is doing to their cars. (2thumbs)(2thumbs)(2thumbs)(2thumbs)(2thumbs)(2thumbs)(2thumbs)(2thumbs) (2thumbs)(2thumbs)

Hey TREYP, one thing that I learned very early on in my car customization days: if it looks good to you, that's all that matters.

Personally, I'm not feeling the decals because of the font and placement. I think it would look cleaner without them or with a more standardized font.

But hey, that doesn't mean to stop posting! Keep sharing, it's nice to see what everyone else is doing to their cars. (2thumbs)(2thumbs)(2thumbs)(2thumbs)(2thumbs)(2thumbs)(2thumbs)(2thumbs) (2thumbs)(2thumbs)
I agree, no one else's opinion is going to diminish how much I like the look. Thanks for the more detailed feedback. The non-standard font is (obviously) something I really like. I hate the thought of my car looking exactly like everyone else's, or exactly as the maker thinks it should look.

I'm trying to see it from someone else's perspective to know what they think does not look good. Comments like "I don't like it" or "It doesn't look so good" are not that constructive to figuring out exactly what they don't like about it, so thanks again for the input.

Last edited:
I'm interested in that emblem; was it just the carbon fiber insert, or the whole badge they sent you? I'd be interested in customized badge, not so much the carbon fiber though.

I looked and I found this http://www.aliexpress.com/item/carbon-fiber-steering-wheel-decoration-stickers-steering-wheel-badge-for-MAZDA-cx-5-MAZDA3-6-free/697922931.html. I have not been able to find any aftermarket badge other than OEM that looks like it will fit a CX-5.
It is just the inserts. https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned) It doesn't say it fits CX-5 specifically, but the Mazda emblems only come in several sizes, so I measured mine and it is indeed 102mm at the widest point internally. I wasn't looking for carbon fiber when I found this, but since I have a CF theme going on anyway I was more than happy to get it.

Last edited:
They are original, a little too casual for my taste.

Personally, I don't like any decals on cars. To me it looks cheezy. That's not an insult though. Like others said, if you like it that's all that matters.

I had these badge decals custom made awhile back and finally got around to putting them on. The carbon fiber emblem one is the only one I did not design, and it came off eBay.

[

Hey Trey,

Props to you for going outside the norm. I like the idea. I agree with others on the placement, makes it look a little more rugged and a bit less classy but I think that is fine, especially for an AWD.

I happen to really like that font for another project. Would you mind sharing the details about the font, such as the name or who made them for you? I am trying to come up with a replacement Seadoo XP logo and a font like that pretty closely resembles the OEM one.

Thanks for any info!

Hey Trey,

Props to you for going outside the norm. I like the idea. I agree with others on the placement, makes it look a little more rugged and a bit less classy but I think that is fine, especially for an AWD.

I happen to really like that font for another project. Would you mind sharing the details about the font, such as the name or who made them for you? I am trying to come up with a replacement Seadoo XP logo and a font like that pretty closely resembles the OEM one.

Thanks for any info!
The site is http://doityourselflettering.com/create/

The font I used is called Ruach, but there are dozens to choose from.

I actually like the CX-5 All-Wheel Drive in the rear because it comes of as a cool "off roadish" decal. The ones on the side of the rear doors don't match though imo. That type of decal (Off roading) shouldn't be set on rear doors and that low. They belong on the side of a pickup cab up high like TRD decals for Toyota as an example. The rear looks fine imo.

I actually like the CX-5 All-Wheel Drive in the rear because it comes of as a cool "off roadish" decal. The ones on the side of the rear doors don't match though imo. That type of decal (Off roading) shouldn't be set on rear doors and that low. They belong on the side of a pickup cab up high like TRD decals for Toyota as an example. The rear looks fine imo.
I actually had a Tacoma and I put custom decals in the same spot, low on the side. Guess I'm just different that way.

Last edited:
I actually had a Tacoma and I put custom decals in the same spot, low on the side. Guess I'm just different that way.

Those decals are actually placed a bit higher since the Tacoma looks lifted higher than a CX5. In your pic, I would've placed them chest high on the side. In the corner between the rearwheel and tail light. Again its just my opinion to put decals high and proud for offroad driven Trucks and SUVs. Gives them that dirt road character.

Somewhat graffiti-like, but then graffiti influences are seen in a lot of art.

I like the decals as well! It's not gaudy, just enough to stand out.

Back