Cracked Mazda Key Fob...Looking for plastic casing at reasonable price

I bought a 2020 CX-9 several months ago with a busted Key Fob. My guess is the previous owner threw his keys on the cement. It still works perfectly fine (circuit board has no issues) but the casing has a crack, top plastic panel keeps falling out, and the spare key panel does not open (I manually yank on it to open).

Does anyone know where I can get just the plastic casing parts? Mazda stealership charging an arm and leg so don't want to go there.

Attachments

• IMG_7467.JPG
    IMG_7467.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_7468.JPG
    IMG_7468.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 85
You can try looking around on eBay, amazon, or one of the online parts suppliers. You might be able to find a used/refurbished keyfob for much cheaper.

You might be able to pick up a used key and transfer your key internals to it.

I tried a silicone key case (a few bucks on eBay), but it adds bulk on a keyring. I didn't like it and took it off immediately.

Last edited:
For previous cars i had found options online (ebay or aliexpress) to only buy the plastic shell. It was dirt cheap and you could just transfer all the internal components to the new shell and you were done. Haven’t done a deep search but you might be able to find that online.

Back