Cracked cylinder head - 2019 Mazda CX5 GT

Yeah, this doesn't clear anything up, really. Thanks for trying to provide an explanation, but without being able to validate anything in terms of what Mazda, the dealer, and now apparently the Toyota dealer said, it's just hard for me to believe. Too many holes, and the filler doesn't make sense. 50 years experience dealing with automobiles and you didn't think it necessary to get a "warranty extension" in writing?

In any event, thanks for following up. Good luck with the new car!
I have to say Emby did clear something up for me, although his explanation may still have some holes like you’ve pointed out. This Internet forum isn’t a court of law, and any member can have his choice to provide enough evidence or proof to support his statement. Don’t be so paranoid just because you found one person who created a second account and posted a “fake” story. There’re so many “fake” stories on the internet nowadays even from creditable media. We can only use our own judgement to make our own decision whether the information is true or not.

Remember Go Hawks as a new member who posted his personal experience about the danger of the cylinder deactivation back in May, 2019? And how many members here at the time attacked him for posting a “fake” story? Not until Mazda been forced by NHTSA to issued a safety recall on CD several months later and the criticism stopped.

I’d still believe every post is real by any member here, until it’s been proven otherwise. It’s hard for me to think there’re so many fake users from competitors who’d want to spend time on an Internet forum just trying to destroy Mazda’s reputation. It’s not going to work that way.

I have to say Emby did clear something up for me, although his explanation may still have some holes like you’ve pointed out. This Internet forum isn’t a court of law, and any member can have his choice to provide enough evidence or proof to support his statement. Don’t be so paranoid just because you found one person who created a second account and posted a “fake” story. There’re so many “fake” stories on the internet nowadays even from creditable media. We can only use our own judgement to make our own decision whether the information is true or not.

Remember Go Hawks as a new member who posted his personal experience about the danger of the cylinder deactivation back in May, 2019? And how many members here at the time attacked him for posting a “fake” story? Not until Mazda been forced by NHTSA to issued a safety recall on CD several months later and the criticism stopped.

I’d still believe every post is real by any member here, until it’s been proven otherwise. It’s hard for me to think there’re so many fake users from competitors who’d want to spend time on an Internet forum just trying to destroy Mazda’s reputation. It’s not going to work that way.
I would qualify that by saying fishy smelly stories can't always be proven to be so. One must rely on their personal BS detector. And you can't go running around calling out everybody who sounds a little fishy--sometimes people get confused and mis-report the facts of the case. One is free to discount a report as not credible without commenting on it. One should be selective in such matters.

As for competitors posting fake stories I would have agreed with you prior to the 2020 election. A lot of fake sh*t was planted in places with very limited reach and not just by bots.

It’s hard for me to think there’re so many fake users from competitors who’d want to spend time on an Internet forum just trying to destroy Mazda’s reputation. It’s not going to work that way.
There's also the matter of vehicle owners of other brands who just want to yank your chain. Please don't ask me to dissect abnormal psychologies. If you wouldn't be surprised to find that on Reddit then you should not be surprised to find it here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Like I said, it's hard for me to believe this particular story for the reasons I stated. Just as any member can choose how much info they want to provide, any member can draw whatever conclusions they want to based on the info provided.

You call it being paranoid, I call it being cautious. I do this for the sake of our community, to protect the integrity of our membership. You should be thankful that we are diligent enough to catch these kinds of people. There have been many, many more than just Jack Rabbit, you just don't see it on your end because we (usually) catch it before you see it. To clarify, this is not to say that I think Emby is one of these people.

Members were skeptical with Go Hawks experience when he first posted it, because nobody else had experienced it. Because of that, a lot of people had a lot of questions. They wanted to understand the situation, gather more information and make decisions for themselves. Nobody "attacked" anyone - if they did, warnings/bans may have been issued for personal insults, harassment, etc. None of that happened.

Anyway, that's enough of the off-topic banter. Back on topic!

Back