Could Mazda be Apple’s car partner?

Antoine

Administrator
It appears the Japanese media is reporting that Apple is now talking with Japanese auto manufacturers (about producing an “Apple Car”) and that Mazda could be a strong contender..?

Anyone else hear this..? Thoughts?

I have not heard anything about this but it could be a good fit. Mazda is trying to fit a groove that Apple was once in. Small market share but at a higher price and with a quality product. Apple could actually buy Mazda outright given all the cash they have!

Last edited:
Interesting times we live in...It's possible Apple will still go with Hyundai / KIA. Seems there is A LOT of speculation being generated from this news, especially now in Japan. Although Mazda might make a great partner, it seems like Nissan or Mitsubishi would perhaps be a better match because they are large scale manufactures with EV experience.

I think Mazda has a lot of pride (as they should) and is laser focused on its own brand and product development...Partnering with Toyota makes sense....Partnering with Apple...Not so sure.

That said, in my view, Mazda has the best design sense and could use this partnership as a way to boost its overall business and become a more influential auto manufacturer.

Back