Cost of Mazda Windshield with Heads Up Display?

Had a rock chip repaired in my MX-5 today at Safellite. Before I left I asked about what the cost would be to replace the HUD windshield in my 2020 CX-5. She estimated around $1300 and said the camera would need to be recalibrated. Has anyone had to do this and if so what was the cost. My deductible is $500 and State Farm says they will cover after that. I’m just curious how expensive these windshields are?

Replaced the windshield on my 2021 CX5 Signature at the end of of March due to a rock strike on the interstate. The windshield continued cracking after the initial strike to about 25”. Cost to replace the windshield with a new OE one rated for head up display, heated wipers and the various windshield mounted safety sensors on the Signature model was about $1,175 which included Safelite adjusting the sensors to factory settings. Luckily my insurance covered the entire cost.

Replaced the windshield on my 2021 CX5 Signature at the end of of March due to a rock strike on the interstate. The windshield continued cracking after the initial strike to about 25”. Cost to replace the windshield with a new OE one rated for head up display, heated wipers and the various windshield mounted safety sensors on the Signature model was about $1,175 which included Safelite adjusting the sensors to factory settings. Luckily my insurance covered the entire cost.
Thanks. Looks like they were in the ballpark.

The windshield oem price is 800 usd. (not accounting for any discounts which could be 30%). Guess the rest is labor and some consumables.
Calibration they probably charge 100-150 on top.

I am wondering, do they change the mouldings along the windshield.
On the parts diagrams it seems mouldings come with the windshield but they are also available as separate parts.
Does anybody know?

20210520_214700.jpg

Last edited:
I am on my third windshield (with HUD) within two years. The original cracked within a month, then the second 3 month later and the current windshield already has one crack but I payed someone to stop the crack and it works so far. For the first replacement Safelite quoted me 2.300 USD I found a local shop, they did it with 1.400. The second replacement was done by Safelite but I opted out the calibration portion. Just for the windshield replacement I payed out of pocket 580 or something like that, less than 600. I chose not to do the calibration because the car calibrates itself. And if the rain sensor doesn't work after their job is done, it's because they screwed the installation. So far I have no issues other than the rain sensor but I can live with that until I decide to replace it.

Hmm, that seems expensive. We had a severe hailstorm and had our 2019 CX-5 front glass replaced by Safelite a few months ago for $810+tax - $400 of that was for the calibration. I'm assuming it was aftermarket glass, but it seems perfectly fine.

They also did the rear, but the aftermarket glass for that is atrocious. Warps all over, looks like a funhouse mirror in the rearview. They've been out 5 times now, each time the glass they bring has warps. Now waiting on Mazda OEM glass (and still waiting). Ugh.

Did the new windshield include the Mazda label ?

I got a chip that I repaired temporarily but it starts to grow, need a new HUD windshield.

I assume with $1k deductible there's no point to choose Safelite vs Dealer since replacement is going to cost above $1k wherever?

I had a chip professionally repaired, free service from my insurance. That was 3 years ago. Never grew.

I got a chip that I repaired temporarily but it starts to grow, need a new HUD windshield.

I assume with $1k deductible there's no point to choose Safelite vs Dealer since replacement is going to cost above $1k wherever?
seems about right. Safelite was 1200 locally when I checked an year ago. All included. Calibration was expensive. Although its debatable whether its needed if glass is changed properly.

Back