Corksport Radiator install question

speedracr79

BAD WOLF
Contributor
:
Protege
I have the 1.6 and am looking to buy the CS radiator but its for the 1.8 & 2.0 I spoke with CS and they said it will mount properly but the hoses will have to be modded in some way. Does any one have any experience with this? and is it something as simple as just a longer or shorter hose bent in a different direction, or more complex. I await your response.

Last edited:
The hose locations are fairly similar on 1.6 as the 1.8/2.0 so maybe longer hoses will be needed. You can get the universal flex radiator hose from the auto-parts store that will make it fit just fine, as far as the radiator actually mounting, it will be basically a drop in replacement.

I have an update on the fitment for 1.6 people. The hose location is really close to the 2.0 models. We have several customers who have installed the rads with the stock hose kits in the 1.6 models. There have been a few installs in 1.5 ZL-VE powered cars as well.

-Derrick

Is it true that you will need a separate ATF cooler, because the CS radiator is for the MTX Protege?

If you have an automatic you will need the transmission cooler, our radiator does not have the built in unit for the automatic cooler.

-Derrick

Does anybody know where a decent ATF cooler can be found for a 2000 protege to go along with the CS radiator. Also you may want to put a note about that on your site, unless I just missed it. I found out today, when I went to do that install, that I need to find a transmission cooler. So again my car sits very sad with its pieces hanging out.

-P.S. - I have a 1.8L, though this is in the 1.6 section.. I figure it shouldnt be different.

Back