Cool air box for Cobb SRI on MS6?

tunersteve

Contributor
:
2011 Mustang GT
Just wondering, the air box you guys sell for the CS SRI, is there a way possible to modify that or offer it for use with a Cobb SRI?

Some people have tried and they came out ok. The way the COBB connects the air filter with the wide base makes it tough to fit with the box.

-Derrick

Some people have tried and they came out ok. The way the COBB connects the air filter with the wide base makes it tough to fit with the box.

-Derrick

What's the diameter of the hole where your intake comes in? Any plans for making one like you did for the MS3 guys?

Probably not. I've looked into this for a few local customers also and it's not something we sell enough of to justify developing a new product to support that on the MS6.

Perhaps with a group buy...

Jason
CorkSport

Probably not. I've looked into this for a few local customers also and it's not something we sell enough of to justify developing a new product to support that on the MS6.

Perhaps with a group buy...

Jason
CorkSport

Hmm...I'll throw the idea out there. It sounds like (don't quote me) but a modification of the CS intake box would be enough. I don't know how much exactly would need to be changed between them though, and how it mounts up (I imagine through the frame mounting points for the OEM airbox bracket?).

Well, the fixed location of the COBB MAF using the supplied bracket from COBB is what will cause you some headache I'd imagine. It is an FRP part, and you can just slap some tape on both sides of it and match-drill the COBB MAF to the mating surface of our cold air box and open the hole up a bit and you might be able to make it work.

What we were toying with is offering a set of lugs that attach the box into the stock airbox grommets. Right now it brackets to a factory threaded mount point and the lid has a push-lock connector to the headlight assembly if I recall correctly.

If we had a set of add-on lugs that you could match drill to the floor of the box, you could ditch the COBB bracket and that would give you some range of motion to deal with the location of the COBB MAF Housing.

Jason

So that box you guys sell hook up to the orginal stock air box. What if I don't have that anymore. could it still work

No, our box is completely standalone. We were contemplating selling some lugs for attaching our box into the stock airbox mounting points (the grommets that it pushes into).

Jason

Back