Climate Control Radio Surround Questions

i12drivemyMP5

<<<<<<< >>>>>>>
Contributor
:
-- 03 P5 / 23 CX-5 --
Would the climate controls from a 99-2000 with radio bezel that has the perfed edges work in a P5? Doubting the wiring and control cables would plug in same way. Another question would be, can the perfed edge strips be removed from a bezel like that and put on the plain one somehow?
Is there a radio surround with perfed edges that uses same cc panel as 03 P5? This is the one I'd like to run, with my climate controls of course but would be willing to swap climate controls if swappable even if different connectors need to be spliced in..............

99-00ccradio_bezel_3.jpg

(cricket)(cricket)(cricket)Yeah, figured most of the experts have moved on to other newer vehicles. This section has seen it's better days.(cricket)(cricket)(cricket)

you'll need to do some filling for the AC and rear defrost holes it looks like...those big ovals are bigger than the HVAC system in the newer 3rd gens (like a p5)...The whole system simply screws into that radio surround, so i'd be a little surprised if mazda completely changed the mounting points for it with the refresh...but at the same time, car companys all ways do that...

Are you set on this bezel though? I simply painted mine gloss black with krylon plasticoat or whatever that plastic paint is...its lasted longer than the factory silver paint already...I get it about those perforated sides though...i'm sure there is some way to retrofit that thing in there, though...

instead of a 99-00 bezel, look for an 01 DX version. the defrost holes will be correct, and it looks almost the same as that one.

By almost do you mean just black without the perforated edges? Because I already have that if that's what you mean...........

323F_Mar2012_03.JPG

I also am curious about this, saw one at the juckyard last week. I like the look better the the stock p5 bezel. I would think the climate control should bolt the same way, but the ac and defrost buttons won't match since the p5 buttons are circles and the other ones are oval. Has anyone tried to or installed one. How did you fix the issue of the ac and defrost buttons.

Back