Cheaper Clear Sidemarkers

big_ben

Contributor
I've seen the JDM clear side markers for like $159. In my opinion, that is insane to pay that much for some little lights. Procarparts.com sells some similar that go on the front bumper of the celica for about $36. I realize that there are only 1500 of our cars, so no company is going to make them with that small of a demand. But, I have been looking at other cars. I have noticed that our sidemarkers are bigger than most other cars sidemarkers. But there is one car that has some exactly like ours. Drum roll please,....it's the Mercury Cougar! Yep they are the exact same size as ours. The only difference is that theirs are recessed a little and ours are not. But all we need is the plastic cover. So is there anyone out there that has a buddy with a cougar that has clear sidemarkers? I've briefly looked for club sites similar to this one for the cougar, but the only thing I've found are sites for the old cougars. Nothing new. Come on everyone, gimme some help. Start looking at all the cougars that pass you, and see if they have any clear markers. :)

cool that would look way nicer. i noticed that ours are the same as the mazda tribute so maybe they make aftermarkets for the tribute. Does the ford escape have em?? i know people mod them. and thats the same as the tribute

I haven't noticed the Tribute's sidemarkers. I don't think they would have them yet though. I figure our best bet is the cougar since it's more sporty like ours. I don't know though. Everyone look around the net for clear markers for the cougar.

i looked today the escape doesnt have the side markers. i will keep my eyes open for a cougar.

i looked today the escape doesnt have the side markers. i will keep my eyes open for a cougar. yea check out the tributes they are the same as our. also i think we have the same mirrors as a milenium.

It won't fit.. The probleme is that the hole under the side marker is huge!!! Take a look and see. It's very easy to take them off

To take them off, use a small or thin flat tip screw driver. Insert it under the light comming from the rear of the car. It has a plastic spring type thing. If you just push the screwdriver forward toward the front of the car, then pull it out. It's easy. Then you will see the huge hole.

Check out this link: http://spoiler2000.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=SP2K&Product_Code=M18&Category_Code=08
I'm pretty sure that this is the same size as our sidemarker. Good price too. Good thing its offered in other colors as well....smoked, blue etc. I contacted the site about these markers, they said that they are universai markers, and that they would not properly into the big hole Mazda conveniently made for us.

I think I am going to give them a shot...hell...theyre only $24.00

Those are the exact size as ours. When you get them in, let us know if they fit or not. I've go to wait till I get to Dallas to order them. I don't want to order them and then be already moved when they show up. Thanks for that link, these look the closest so far. Now we'll have to see what the back looks like.

Ben,
They are just $24 a pair, I checked.

mp3girly,
I was thinking about going smoke to match the carbon altezzas

on that Spoiler.com site, did anyone see the antennas in the Misc. category? Anyone think they would work (it says they're just stick on. And has anyone changed thier antenna at all? How do you "patch up" the hole where the stock one went?
Thizanks. ;)

Well...I got my sidemarkers. They dont fit :( They are almost the same diameter, just a little fatter. They dont have the clips on the back like the OEM ones. They also have a hump in the back that prevents it from setting right in the hole on the car. I'll keep trying. Ive been looking at OEM sidemarkers for the Impreza. I think it has clips in the back like the OEM Mazda ones.

Back