Car & Driver has always been team Mazda

Yea they definitely weigh the subjective driver feel and refinement more than cu ft and # of cup holders.

Yea they definitely weigh the subjective driver feel and refinement more than cu ft and # of cup holders.

Its really a funny thing how most car reviews are weighted toward minor practicality feature difference and not the actual driving dynamic which is what made car "a car" in the first place...
Always enjoy reading reviews from C&D as its written with driver in mind.

Its really a funny thing how most car reviews are weighted toward minor practicality feature difference and not the actual driving dynamic which is what made car "a car" in the first place...
Always enjoy reading reviews from C&D as its written with driver in mind.

Most people buy SUVs for their practicality. That's why they buy SUV's over a car.

Last edited:
Did you notice that it estimates 0-60 at 8.1 to 6.9? Sounds too slow for the turbo.

Not til you pointed it out. They did put EST in parens.

I think they list the 0-60 range as two engines are available. Fastest is the turbo slowest is NA with AWD.

Yeah, that's how they do it. So they estimated 6.9 for the turbo. Underwhelming, hopefully wrong.

Has anyone put a stopwatch to their new baby yet?

Yeah, that's how they do it. So they estimated 6.9 for the turbo. Underwhelming, hopefully wrong.

Has anyone put a stopwatch to their new baby yet?

No, stopwatches are pretty "meh". I think a bigger issue is finding a truly level surface, or I would. 1* incline or decline can really skew it. FWIW, Im seeing 6.4 and 6.2 from car and driver, road and track.

No, stopwatches are pretty "meh". I think a bigger issue is finding a truly level surface, or I would. 1* incline or decline can really skew it. FWIW, Im seeing 6.4 and 6.2 from car and driver, road and track.

Sure, stopwatches are crude, but I doubt anyone here has pro level timing gear, so they can give a rough idea.
You're right about the level, which is why you do at least two runs in opposite directions, and average over as many locations as you can.
If I had one and had a few miles on it, I wouldn't be able to resist.

Sure, stopwatches are crude, but I doubt anyone here has pro level timing gear, so they can give a rough idea.
You're right about the level, which is why you do at least two runs in opposite directions, and average over as many locations as you can.
If I had one and had a few miles on it, I wouldn't be able to resist.

Drag strip is simpler and better.

Drag strip is simpler and better.

Yes, that would be ideal. Not all people have access to one.
But if you do, go for it. Even if you don't.
And if you don't want to, don't.
Have I covered everything for you?

Not to mention that raw cubic ft. of cargo room is a completely useless stat unless you are filling the car up to the brim.

Sadly, we're the minority. Most people seem to view their vehicles as little more than appliances that get them from A to B, hold their super size big gulp and obnoxious kids and whichever brand/vehicle type is their chosen fashion accessory for impressing their neighbours.

Back