Can you upgrade from Firmware 59.00.502 to 70.00.335C?

Can you upgrade from firmware 59.00.502 to 70.00.335C? I've seen some conflicting information on this. Hopefully I can do it but if not, can someone provide me with the intermediate fw version (70.00.100 I believe)? Thanks!

NOTE: If current software version is older than 55.00.650 like 33.00.100, 42.00.100 or 45, 52, 55.00.100 update first to 70.00.100A, then update to the 70.xx 335/352version.

Based on the notes , it may be possible but the risk is with you.

with that said, I went through 70.00.100 first just in case, plus the .100 is the latest which has failsafe update file. Only then I updated to 70.xx.352.

Last year Mazda removed from the forums all publicly accessible versions/downloads. Only dealers are supposed to do those updates nowadays.

Based on the notes , it may be possible but the risk is with you.

with that said, I went through 70.00.100 first just in case, plus the .100 is the latest which has failsafe update file. Only then I updated to 70.xx.352.
Yeah, I wanted to avoid the two package installation and an additional one but I might have to to be safe.. can you please pm me where can I get the firmware collection now? Especially post .335?

No idea where you can find the firmware (except from dealers of course). As I said Mazda took down what was available back in the days.

No idea where you can find the firmware (except from dealers of course). As I said Mazda took down what was available back in the days.

Found it on a youtube video thankfully.. I installed it without issues. Haven't taken the car on a drive with the new fw yet so I still haven't upgraded to .335.

lots of "fixes" in the latest versions after 56.xx
I think they are now on 74.xx and at least 4 or 5 versions after 70.xx.100

335 or 352 are good then. I was on 335 for a while, the only bug was when turning off screen manually (i like driving with screen off at night) and with the nav if a street is shown at the top the screen never actually turns off but keep only the street name at the top line. Dont use XM radio as well, think 352 fixes that and the bug with the street name. Overall 325 fixes most of the major issues and is a good one.

335 or 352 are good then. I was on 335 for a while, the only bug was when turning off screen manually (i like driving with screen off at night) and with the nav if a street is shown at the top the screen never actually turns off but keep only the street name at the top line. Dont use XM radio as well, think 352 fixes that and the bug with the street name. Overall 325 fixes most of the major issues and is a good one.
I just drove around doing some errands with .100 and man did they improve the experience over 59. I love having album artwork over bluetooth for example which 59 didn't. It's way smoother too and it also seems to have disabled touchscreen while driving which I welcome since the screen sometimes had phantom touches when I drove over bumpy roads. As it happens I do have the nav sd card (bought the car used and it had it) but my country it's not on it so I don't use it.. not sure if there's a way to add my country to it without handing a kidney to a Mazda dealership.

Is the newest firmware downloaded from uncertain Chinese server safe ?
You need to find out if its hash is the same as the hash that the community says it's supposed to have. You can probably ask for a hash on this forum. I have a list of hashes but it's only up to 70.00.335c.

PD: Can you please PM me a link to that server?

Also, no need to install any of the older 70.xxx versions with the failsafe version as the newer versions remove the failsafe anyway. The 74.xxx versions were originally for the newer hardware (but NOT the "connected" infotainment systems). They were for the wireless CarPlay.

Since then, the 74.xxx firmware versions are unified and can be installed on any of the 2016.5-2021 model years with the previous generation infotainment system.

I'll just say it without saying it. If you find the AWS link (think GOOGLE) for older 70x or 74x firmware versions, just change the URL to the reflect a newer firmware version number. Voila.

Also, no need to install any of the older 70.xxx versions with the failsafe version as the newer versions remove the failsafe anyway. The 74.xxx versions were originally for the newer hardware (but NOT the "connected" infotainment systems). They were for the wireless CarPlay.

Since then, the 74.xxx firmware versions are unified and can be installed on any of the 2016.5-2021 model years with the previous generation infotainment system.

I'll just say it without saying it. If you find the AWS link (think GOOGLE) for older 70x or 74x firmware versions, just change the URL to the reflect a newer firmware version number. Voila.
Does that mean I could've upgraded to .335c from .502 directly? Also, can you please point to the old aws link or send it via pm? I didn't find it via google.

Back