Can I just turn off the darn entertainment system?

Chibana

Contributor
:
2009 Mazda RX-8
I've had my 2014 3s GT since Thursday evening. I have yet to find a way to simply turn off the stereo. Am I missing something? Mute is not the same thing, especially if the source is my iPod or phone.

Mute/ Pause, then display settings "shut off display." There is an option to leave the clock on but then technically the display is still on. I wish they put a clock somewhere else on the car and made it easier to shut off the screen.

Mute/ Pause, then display settings "shut off display." There is an option to leave the clock on but then technically the display is still on. I wish they put a clock somewhere else on the car and made it easier to shut off the screen.

Mute or Pause as others have said.

Sound keeps cutting out when using nav. Since you can't disable the nav voice it would be nice to be able to restart the system whithout having to turn off/on the car!

I figured out if the drivers side speaker does not come back after NAV takes it over you can place a call over BTooth and hang up, this should return it back to normal.

This needs to be fixed in a new release.

Maybe it isn't as simple as this, but the upgrade I'd like to see adds simple ON/OFF as the initial control for infotainment functions:
NAV
Audio
Display
One push of the button and you could kill or activate any of these.

For the Display On/Off how would you turn it back on since the command would be on the screen?

Back