brakes upgrade

:
CX9 2017
hey all, if anyone has some info regarding an upgrade on rotors calipers and pads, pls let me know I'm willing to upgrade these.
regards and thanks in advance
M

Check rock auto. Get some centric premium rotors and ceramic brake pads

hey all, if anyone has some info regarding an upgrade on rotors calipers and pads, pls let me know I'm willing to upgrade these.
M

Not aware of any replacement calipers...

Centric/Stoptech makes replacement rotors and pads. I've had good luck with them. They have lasted far longer than the OEM parts.

Are the rotors giving people trouble on the new gen like the old gen? I didn't think this was an issue any more... haven't seen any posts about warped rotors in a while.

Are the rotors giving people trouble on the new gen like the old gen? I didn't think this was an issue any more... haven't seen any posts about warped rotors in a while.[/QUOTE]
hey jal, thanks for your advice,
regarding the rotors in my case its not that they are giving trouble , but the geography of my country is very accidented, having mountain roads every where and high speed highways ( although the limit isn't that high :) ) what I have encountered is that the cx9 is an suv that can be driven quite ussualy at 70% of its potential , on tiwisted roads or highways, suspension and engine cope maginificently although the brakes don't. the upgrade is to cope to this kind of roads where bakes take the toughest part .
in normal use , the brakes are quite good.

Look into German OEM brakes. Zimmerman rotors, textar/pagid, jurid, ferrodo pads

I find the stock ones are pretty good (2017). Stopped on a dime, better than any in similar class.

There is a brake upgrade available to bigger 6 pot callipers and 2 piece rotors....
It's is expensive and available from work pro brakes
d097b982eb4385f54510edd2135b7513.jpg
732d718777c2f98d4ddd69231a0597b0.jpg
22e15db36ee11f980fd733af266566b3.jpg

Well ^ that is probably better then what I did. I used the EBC kit and I just love it, went on so nice and working very well. I highly recommend EBC brakes on the CX9. I do all my own brakes from semi trucks to Corolla's, this is the first time I used EBC normally it's NAPA and these are miles better than NAPA.

There is a brake upgrade available to bigger 6 pot callipers and 2 piece rotors....
It's is expensive and available from work pro brakes
d097b982eb4385f54510edd2135b7513.jpg
732d718777c2f98d4ddd69231a0597b0.jpg
22e15db36ee11f980fd733af266566b3.jpg

hey Sniko
this is great news!! I will import that kit asap, any news on how to get it or to whom wirte or call to buy it?
buy the way the rotors and calipers look great !!

hey hi all.. M erry Christmas!!

snicko, thanks for the info, already sent an email to the Taiwanese operation..
thanks again ..

hey hi all.. M erry Christmas!!

snicko, thanks for the info, already sent an email to the Taiwanese operation..
thanks again ..
No problems.
They have been available for at least 6 months.... However they are very pricey

M

No doubt, one of the first serious mods I intend to do. However, be careful (I assume you already know this) when changing out OEM rotors and calipers. Going 'bigger' does not always equal going better, given the need to ensure the proper stopping force ratio front-to-back and in-line with the CX-9's inherent weight distribution. When manufacturers design automobiles, front-to-back braking forces are aligned with weight distribution such that forces are balanced and maintained through all four wheel when under braking.

No problems.
They have been available for at least 6 months.... However they are very pricey

Hello Snicko,

Have you done any research into how WinnerPower derived their numbers for how they produce the Load (F sub n) acting through the tire at threshold braking or limit braking? In addition, do you know what kind of Deceleration values were produced for use in their Forward Weight Transfer calculations necessary to derive the Braking Torque of each Axle and what tires they used to derive those numbers? Also, what Front-to-Rear weight distribution ratio for the CX-9 did they come up when designing the proportional forces necessary for this particular brake package? The best Front-to-Rear weight distribution I could come up with was 47% (front) and 53% (rear).

If you take the Deceleration (g) and multiple it by the 4,361lb curb weight of the AWD CX-9, then multiple that product by the Height of the CG divided by the Wheelbase (using inches for both), you get the actual Weight Transfer. That value will then tell you how to optimize the Load acting through each tire at threshold or limit braking - which helps you dial-in overall Braking Torque per axle required. If they got that right, it sure looks like it could be a sweet package for the CX-9.

The set-up certainly looks interesting enough on the surface. I'd like to know more about the factors that went into their design, if you know of course.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hello Snicko,

Have you done any research into how WinnerPower derived their numbers for how they produce the Load (F sub n) acting through the tire at threshold braking or limit braking? In addition, do you know what kind of Deceleration values were produced for use in their Forward Weight Transfer calculations necessary to derive the Braking Torque of each Axle and what tires they used to derive those numbers? Also, what Front-to-Rear weight distribution ratio for the CX-9 did they come up when designing the proportional forces necessary for this particular brake package? The best Front-to-Rear weight distribution I could come up with was 47% (front) and 53% (rear).

If you take the Deceleration (g) and multiple it by the 4,361lb curb weight of the AWD CX-9, then multiple that product by the Height of the CG divided by the Wheelbase (using inches for both), you get the actual Weight Transfer. That value will then tell you how to optimize the Load acting through each tire at threshold or limit braking - which helps you dial-in overall Braking Torque per axle required. If they got that right, it sure looks like it could be a sweet package for the CX-9.

The set-up certainly looks interesting enough on the surface. I'd like to know more about the factors that went into their design, if you know of course.

Thanks.
CJ
No..... I'm not the manufacturer

I am not as worried about things like that as you are.

CJ
No..... I'm not the manufacturer

I am not as worried about things like that as you are.

Got it, thanks! Yes, I would be concerned about having balanced braking forces.

Anybody else know the answer to the questions by any chance without having to call Taiwan?

Got it, thanks! Yes, I would be concerned about having balanced braking forces.

Anybody else know the answer to the questions by any chance without having to call Taiwan?
I don't think they would have done the calculations to be honest.
Users who have installed this have reported much better braking but it's a "by the seat of the pants" comment

Sounds like you are probably best of waiting for a factory upgrade from Mazda.

Back