Brake dust shield or off balance?

There's a metal shield right behind the wheel bearing and goes over the wheel bearing slightly but has open spot for calipers in front and another open spot where nothing is, but the rear just has one open spot on each for brakes also. It's rusted to s*** and seems like it's breaking apart in the front. I just had all 4 of my tires replaced. Wheel bearing, calipers, pads in that area still have life left to them but now I have a weird shimmy in front end. I think for having all 4 tires replaced and balanced it was an awefully quick job and didn't notice any issues right away. Is that what it is the brake dust shield? Then why doesn't it cover the calipers if it is? Or from what I've read tires being 245/60/18 should of been balanced at 16 n they were done at 14. Could it be causing an issue now? Posting a pic if anyone can help I can't seem to find anything bout this rusted s*** on my tires anywhere.

Attachments

• IMG_20210706_203921460.jpg
    IMG_20210706_203921460.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 122
If it just started with the new tires, sounds like you didn't get a good balance on one or more of the wheels/tires.

That shield should not have any impact on a shake/shimmy. It's fixed to (I think) the spindle.

Back