BMS Intake for Mazda3 2.5 Turbo

Terry@BMS

Authorized Vendor
OK added the intake to our site. The link has most of the relevant information. :)

https://burgertuning.com/products/bms-elite-intake-mazda-3-skyactiv-turbo

Stage1:

mazda-3-intake-by-burger-motorsports_1024x1024.jpg

Stage2:

mazda-stage-2-intake_1024x1024.jpg

Stage 2 fender mount is shown below. Note bumper removal is not required for installation. The bumper was removed for photo purposes only. Photo shows a prototype that was not yet coated black.

mazda-3-stage-2-intake-by-burger-motorsports_1024x1024.jpg

Dynos:

mazda_intake_stock_tune_1024x1024.png

mazda_intake_jb4_tune_1024x1024.png

Nice!! Finally a legit "cold air intake" option. Good gains too!

Any plans to make an air bypass valve like the one AEM offers? I don't really think it's necessary, but it would be nice to have it as an option for those who are a bit more cautious.

Nice!! Finally a legit "cold air intake" option. Good gains too!

Any plans to make an air bypass valve like the one AEM offers? I don't really think it's necessary, but it would be nice to have it as an option for those who are a bit more cautious.

No, that looks pretty unnecessary to me. There is no chance of hydrolock unless driving under a lake and that coupler isn't going to do a thing for that lol.

Very nice. Do you recommend a sock for wet weather driving? I would think that uncorking the exhaust would allow an even greater jump in HP, although possibly at higher RPM torque peak.

We do not suggest a sock or anything else for the filter. Have not tested higher flowing exhausts. When tuned the limiting factor currently after intake seems to be the turbine itself.

I guess it depends upon how protected the filter is. The sock that I used to use on my AEM filter (2008 MX5) would catch some things, but that Mazdaspeed plumbing puts the filter directly behind the grill with is not very protective. Now that I don't drive to work, I don't worry too much about it.

But yes, if the turbo is flow restrictor, then opening up the exhaust with headers or cat-back wouldn't make much sense.

Intake has been fit/tested on the Mazda3 models only. It might fit CX30 models, we'll test those soon. As for the other models I doubt it.

Back