Bluetooth Streaming and BlackBerry

Caspan

:
2013 Mazda CX-5
Does anyone else use a BlackBerry device with the Bluetooth streaming? It seems to work excellent for the phone but when streaming audio it seems to go crazy, I have noticed the following problems:

• Two songs play at the same time
  • The song that shows on the screen is not actually the song playing, if you press next the song you were listening to then comes up on the display
  • You are listening to a playlist but when the system connects it decides to play just random music instead of continuing to play where it left off.

Again I have no idea if this is a BlackBerry issue or a Mazda issue. I have the latest OS for my 9810 and it is the most recent OS level from RIM. I would love to hear others feedback. The streaming works great but not when the above 3 things happen.

I have a current BB Torch 9810. I've not noticed any instance where two songs play at once, nor have I noticed that the song playing doesn't match the listed song.

Here's what I have noticed, though:
<ul><li>While a song is playing, when I press button to return to the start of the song (on either the steering wheel or the screen), the song sounds somewhat garbled. I have to skip forward, then skip back, to correct it.</li>
<li>While playing a playlist, if I shut the engine off, the BB player is in pause mode. If I stay in pause mode on that song, or in any other song, then the player will resume playing the paused song when you restart the car and player.</li></ul>

Only had my CX-5 Touring since last Thursday, so I may have other bugs or oddities to find. :)

What OS are you running on your 9810 (Hold alt+shift and press H) I am running the latest OS 7.1.0.378 It seems to be hit and miss. I have started to notice that if I turn the engine off and then when I come back the song says its playing and the device shows the song playing but no audio comes out. If I skip to the next song it then starts.

7.0 Bundle (v7.0.0.583, Platform 5.0.0.736). And no, I don't have that problem.

Edit: Bundle 2404

Last edited:
I have a BB Bold 9900. BT audio streaming works fine for me. My only complaint is the lack of display options in the radio. I can only show a folder list on my bose radio. No views by artist, song title, etc...

the Bluetooth profile A2DP only supports playing of audio and song information. If you are getting a folder list then I think you are plugging it in via the USB port.

Back