BlackVue CarCam installed with Mirror Tap in CX-30

Hi Guys. Just installed BlackVue in my 2021 CX-30 Turbo. I followed this person’s post at…

I purchased this from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Took a little over 30mins from start to finished. I used the smallest prone to tapped the green to red and black to black. It was super easy! I just wanted to give credit where it is due. Thanks to r2thei at Mazda 3 revolution. com for posting where the switched +12VDC located. Now I don't have to plug and unplug the 12v adapter every time! Let me know if anyone have questions and I will do my best to answer!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 625
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 660
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 681
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 616
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 626
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 586
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 623
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 591
Thanks for this info. Just joined forum and wanted to ask how hard was it to remove the plastic shell behind the mirror to get to the wiring harness? I want to do the same for my Uniden R3. Thanks for any help

Thanks for this info. Just joined forum and wanted to ask how hard was it to remove the plastic shell behind the mirror to get to the wiring harness? I want to do the same for my Uniden R3. Thanks for any help
Hi. Take a closer look of the second picture #2. Also if you look at the Mazda3 link. You will see the plastic shell split in 2 half. There are about 4 or 5 snap connectors. They interlock the 2 half together. I used one of those body/ trim remover tool(Harbor Freight). It was hard to pop them apart the first time. Just take your time and you will be fine!

Well, that was easier than I thought. Finally got the trim tool, found the connector and slid the taps in the correct pins. This Uniden R3 radar detector is great. Has a ton of settings. Thanks again!!

Back