Black or Silver?

i12drivemyMP5

<<<<<<< >>>>>>>
Contributor
:
-- 03 P5 / 23 CX-5 --
Dilema, sorta...........silver car, black grill or silver car silver grill? Got a MintBlue grill already black and car is 22v silver. I think it would look better silver to match car but when using the bra to protect front end from chippage would it look weird being surrounded by black? or does it look weird being black against the silver car without bra? Kinda want to paint it to match car because of the style of the grill and kinda want to just leave it black like oem was and for times when the bra is in use. I don't drive the car often enough to need the bra like when it was daily driver but................ahh **** it, I'm just gonna sell everything and be done with it, lol. Wadda y'all think? No, not about selling................black or silver? And don't say do black vinyl in center of hood either.

mbgrill_1.jpg

mbgrill_3.jpg

mbgrill_4.jpg

mbgrill_5.jpg

Last edited:
I agree with him, if you can, open up your headlights and paint all the chrome black.

I put the bra back on it for now. Internal conflict still in progress. I need another one of these grills it seems, 1 silver for running without bra on car and black one for when I do........

Plastidip it a close color to see? Then you could peel it off if you dont like one color or the other. Thats what id personally do. But idk if you want to put the time into doing that. I think if you can match the silver, that would look unique but I like the contrast it offers in black :) (haven't really answered your question :) )

Evilm has a point though, the black front end with the blacked out headlamps would look mean IMO. We need someone to Photoshop them black to see!

I agree with civicity, with blacked out headlights it would be a cool them. For some reason, those grills always look cheesy to me when they're painted to match the body. But that's just my opinion. Also, black upper grill will match the black lower grill better. It's good to have contrast on your ride.

i think that it would be a much cleaner look to keep the headlights chrome with a matching silver grille, especially with your rims
but going with black accents like that also look good, blacked out rims, emblems, tints, smoked tails and mirrors
final decision is up to you though both look good

This looks better with black grill but without mask, the silver grill would look better.

maskgrill03.jpg

I'll just get another grill and have both. Takes like 30 seconds to swap them out..............

^^^and that's the actual grill when Mark had it installed on his P5. lol

I'll solve your dilemma easy, sell it to me as the black would contrast better with my red car. :) hahahaha If you leave it black, I'd say paint the headlights black and do the fog deletes or some smoked vinyl on them. Otherwise I'd say paint it silver. Either way, when using the bra, I'd simply swap in the stock grill to protect the finish of the mintblue. Once you get to your destination you could always swap it back on.

I do has a big fat can of 22v and some clearcoat on hand. May get bored enough to spray the grill and eyebrows on a good warm day. Oddly, it's still spring weather here so we haven't visited 90 yet and set record low for May since record keeping started in 1800s the other day. Must be global warming..........

Back