Best Place to install amp in trunk?

nwa_95

:
mazda 3
Im installing an amp in the trunk of my 2004 mazda 3, and was wondering what yall thought would be the best place to mount it, and how. Ive seen pics on here where they are screwed into the back of the seats, and on the side of the cargo areas. My question on the back of the seat install is how did yall do it, do you just screw it right into the back of the seat. That may seem like a stupid question, lol, but Im wondering if the weight of the amp will pull out of the seat. Thanks for the help.
-God Bless-
Tim
www.loudthemc.com

What I did was unzip the carpet on the back of the seat and then screwed two 2x4's on the back seat. Closed up the carpet of the back seat OVER the boards and then screwed my amp into those boards. I am very anal when it comes to fit and finish and this looks really nice. It was much easier doing it this way than screwed the amp directly into the back seat.
Its been good to go for over a year now.

Maybe I got lucky, but my amp situated so I could hit the metal of the seat back through every mounting hole. I cut a small slit in the seatback and threaded the cabling through so it doesn't show and passed it under the seat bottom and along the transmission tunnel under the carpet.

i took of the panel on the side of the car and put some big washers backe there and bolted the amp to the side.. held fine..

Back